Old 01 October 2005, 20:22   #41

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
I haven't joined in on the "let's bash Codders" thread...
Just a teeny weeny point here... I guess you're refering to the Training vs Experience thread, previously known as Training vs Experience (and Codprawn's qualifications), I don't believe that there's been any codprawn bashing at all!

I asked codprawn to clarify his own IT qualifications following his attack and patronising remarks on Microsoft and Cisco accreditation, and asked him to clarify his own vague claim to exam success. In his truculent reply, he declined to do so, and continued to belittle and pour scorn on these qualifications.

I also asked codprawn to clarify his claimed 1st class honours degree as he had previosly posted a different course name. He replied with a third variation on the course name, giving a history as follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
managed to get myself a 1st in Astrophysics
Quote:
First class honours degree in Physics
Quote:
It was Physics with Astronomy. In Swansea.
This inconsistency prompted me to look at The University of Wales web site, which confirmed that none of those courses are currently offered. Upon posting this information, one could say that codprawn "lost it".
Quote:
I just can't be arsed with all the personal attacks and snide remarks...
I haven't seen any personal attacks on you... if you have a problem with anything that I post, please let me know, then drop me a line and I'll change it if it's offensive or unacceptable. I'm sure that anyone else would be similarly open to such requests. However, I would draw your attention to paragraph 2 of Mr Kennett's General Posting guidelines "If you make a statement of fact, be prepared to back it up with some evidence".
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 October 2005, 21:11   #42
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Richard, you reeeeaaaally need to get out more!

John
Old 01 October 2005, 21:31   #43

Wotchit torl thing... I know some vicious French Alsatians!
Old 01 October 2005, 21:37   #44

Town: Surrey
Boat name: Juno
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130
MMSI: not yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauti Buoy
Does anyone on here have a Shogun Sport 2.5td Warrior (Manual Gearbox). Looking at perhaps a 54 plate. What do you think of it? Having quite a few power isssue problems with my Isuzu and have been offerred the above as a swop out alternative. Going to test drive it this weekend but just wanted to ideally go armed with some feedback.
Richard, getting back to your original point we're on Shogun #3 in 10 years. The first an L reg 3.0 v6 - great car but a bit underpowered for its size, the second a 3.5 V6, which was better. Latest vehicle is the 3.2 Warrior turbo diesel and it is fantastic. Ok, not the fastest car in the world, but its kept my licence clean, scoots along on the motorway and it tows Juno like nothing's there, even up a big hill. The Warrior has better suspension than the standard Shogun and fatter tyres, so its much more planted on the road and the cornering is better, also doesn't seem to eat tyres like the old Shogs used to. The power upgrade has just become available and the cheapest dealer to get it done is the main Mitsi dealer in Reading (who also, incidentally, seem to have a pretty good selection of used vehicles).

Don't have any personal experience of the Shogun Sport, but we have stuck with Shoguns over the years as they give us practicality, space and flexibility, and comfort - and great value for money.

Having said that, we're due for a change soon and the new Disco is looking tempting, if a bit like a van at the back... hmm.
Old 01 October 2005, 21:55   #45

Town: Coventry
Make: Ribeye
Engine: Yamaha 115 4stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B
Just a teeny weeny point here...
That would be the large end of the teeny weeny point scale then would it

Rob C.
Old 02 October 2005, 11:26   #46

Town: Copenhagen
Boat name: Nemesis
Make: CAPE 79
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki 250 4 stroke
Send a message via AIM to Rene Send a message via MSN to Rene
Jono

I don't think my Pajero Sport have rear LSD, Last time I tried to tow 5 tons off dirt out off my garden on a trailer, the car became stuck with the right front and left rear wheel off hte ground, and the car just not get out of there by it self.

Even tried applying a but off break, which should make the ABS break the spinning wheel, but not enough to get me out.

had to get the catapiller front loader

Rene
Old 02 October 2005, 12:58   #47

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/sho...ifications.asp

Have a look at the UK version spec...
Old 02 October 2005, 20:25   #48

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Just a teeny weeny point here... I guess you're refering to the Training vs Experience thread, previously known as Training vs Experience (and Codprawn's qualifications), I don't believe that there's been any codprawn bashing at all!

I asked codprawn to clarify his own IT qualifications following his attack and patronising remarks on Microsoft and Cisco accreditation, and asked him to clarify his own vague claim to exam success. In his truculent reply, he declined to do so, and continued to belittle and pour scorn on these qualifications.

I also asked codprawn to clarify his claimed 1st class honours degree as he had previosly posted a different course name. He replied with a third variation on the course name, giving a history as follows:
This inconsistency prompted me to look at The University of Wales web site, which confirmed that none of those courses are currently offered. Upon posting this information, one could say that codprawn "lost it".
I haven't seen any personal attacks on you... if you have a problem with anything that I post, please let me know, then drop me a line and I'll change it if it's offensive or unacceptable. I'm sure that anyone else would be similarly open to such requests. However, I would draw your attention to paragraph 2 of Mr Kennett's General Posting guidelines "If you make a statement of fact, be prepared to back it up with some evidence".
wow a fair bit of homework on this one, and seemed to be endorsed by JK as well........cool
Old 02 October 2005, 21:57   #49

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:

I shouldn't really bother lowering myself to answer crap like this but on a FINAL note(that is I will not bother replying again - if you really need the last word.....)

Firstly I ONLY got dragged into all this whilst trying to defend myself!!!! YOU were the one who started harping on about what qualifications I did/didn't have!!!

Course not currently offered??? Who said I graduated recently???

Lastly

"If you make a statement of fact, be prepared to back it up with some evidence"

Ok then - I would like to see the PROOF that you are married - have a driving licence - are a citizen of the UK - have a vhf licence etc etc....

Ridiculous??? Of course it is!!!
Old 02 October 2005, 22:06   #50

No problem at all, just give me a couple of minutes...
Old 02 October 2005, 22:29   #51

Quote:
I shouldn't really bother lowering myself to answer crap like .....
Exactly which bit is "crap"? every bit is true and accurate!
Quote:
Course not currently offered??? Who said I graduated recently???
Nobody did, but I asked you what year you graduated, and didn't pursue this question until you declined to answer.
Quote:
Lastly "If you make a statement of fact, be prepared to back it up with some evidence" Ok then - I would like to see the PROOF that you are married - have a driving licence - are a citizen of the UK - have a vhf licence etc etc....
I haven't ever made a statement of fact that I'm married, because I'm not.
I haven't ever made a statement of fact that I have a driving licence, but I do, and in response to your request , see below...
I haven't ever made a statement of fact that I have British citizenship, but I do, and in response to your request , see below...
I haven't ever made a statement of fact that I have a VHF licence, although I may be wrong and perhaps I have, but anyway in response to your request , see below...

Does that help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Documents-2 (Small).jpg
Views:	189
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	14767  
Old 02 October 2005, 22:42   #52

Quote:
Nobody did, but I asked you what year you graduated, and didn't pursue this question until you declined to answer.
I haven't ever made a statement of fact that I have a driving licence, but I do, and in response to your request , see below...
I haven't ever made a statement of fact that I have British citizenship, but I do, and in response to your request , see below...
I haven't ever made a statement of fact that I have a VHF licence, although I may be wrong and perhaps I have, but anyway in response to your request , see below...

Does that help?
Can you post your bank details and pin numbers as well.......

On second thoughts I better retract that - you just don't seem to get it do you?

You may chose to put your personal life on display - I do NOT!!!

JK has sumned it all up perfectly - will leave it to him in future!!!
Old 02 October 2005, 22:58   #53

Quote:
You may chose to put your personal life on display...
There's a bit more to my life than those three bits of paper, I can tell you!

The fact is that you have chosen to put part of your personal life on display. Nobody asked you if you had a degree, but you not only chose to tell us, but added that it was a first class honours, and stated the subject matter. You not only chose to make vague claims to Microsoft certification, but told us all that you attained at least 90% in all exams!

I will share as much information as you reasonably ask for, but realise this... it's you that doesn't get it... the more you hide, the more it suspicious your claims appear.

I need to hide nothing, how about you?
Old 02 October 2005, 23:01   #54

Quote:
There's a bit more to my life than those three bits of paper, I can tell you!

The fact is that you have chosen to put part of your personal life on display. Nobody asked you if you had a degree, but you not only chose to tell us, but added that it was a first class honours, and stated the subject matter. You not only chose to make vague claims to Microsoft certification, but told us all that you attained at least 90% in all exams!

I will share as much information as you reasonably ask for, but realise this... it's you that doesn't get it... the more you hide, the more it suspicious your claims appear.

I need to hide nothing, how about you?
There is a BIG difference between NEED and CHOOSE.......

When someone on here posts something I take it to be true - I don't immediately start accusing them of lying.

Much the same as the accusations about me lying about my RIB!!!
Old 02 October 2005, 23:13   #55

Quote:
When someone on here posts something I take it to be true
Really? With a history of people like Manos and crazyhorse, you ought to be a little more circumspect. There's one or two more fantsists around too, I guarantee you!
Quote:
Much the same as the accusations about me lying about my RIB!!!
Hmmmm, I don't remember accusing you of lying about your RIB, could you be more specific? In fact you swore me to secrecy, which I kept to, when you PM'd me about 18months ago with the order details. You need to be careful here, you've named several different delivery dates over a five month period...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B 13/05/2005
delivery this month?
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn 13/05/2005
I wish!!! Will prob take about 6 weeks or so to finish off - install electronics etc etc - shame I will have missed part of our summer - it is short enough as it is!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn 21/07/2005
should be before mid August!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn 17/08/2005
Realistically speaking I am hoping for mid september at the latest - or else!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn 26/09/2005
Managed to speak to them today - said they would give me definite date next week and some more piccies.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn 29/09/2005
bringing my boat back from Guernsey in October!!!
Just out of curiosity, what's caused the delays?
Old 02 October 2005, 23:21   #56

I did NOT accuse YOU - I was speaking generally!!!!

As to the dates I can assure you they were not of my making.....

I have posted before about the reasons.
Old 02 October 2005, 23:25   #57

Cool.

I wish you well with the new RIB.
Old 03 October 2005, 06:53   #58

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Richard? Just one question? Who's the bloke in all the photographs on those documents you've displayed?...

Looks like Eupa to me...
Old 03 October 2005, 09:17   #59

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Quote:

Does that help?
ok i am going to chip in here......call it a reality check

i have met richard and only managed to get him to drink one coffee, perhaps our coffee is bad!, so i can vouch he is for real, does exist, met him, chatted, spoke on the phone, spoke in real life etc etc

now codders....

there does not seem to be one shred of evidence on here that you are indeed the person you portray yourself to be, when asked to prove something you back away, what are you hiding?

JK said that there are all sorts on the web and we have to make our own minds up about people, well i guess that is what we will need to do.

but think about this

you like to talk knowledgeably about a lot of subjects and look upon yourself as a bit of an expert in some areas, however if you have no credibility of existing who is going to take you seriously? you have done nothing to enlighten the doubters, not a shred of evidence or a snip we can believe in from what i have seen. In fact a lot of what you say can be unravelled very easily as Richard has done here.....

I think you gloss things up to try to impress people, but, you dont need to, just be normal and honest.
Old 03 October 2005, 09:35   #60

Town: Cumbria
Length: 4m +
Oh okay, I admit it, my name isn't really Stan Deezy

Please stop the torture and turn off the bright lights