Originally Posted by donutsina911
1. nope just a standard 911
2.why, the thread is about gearboxes?
3.really - name one?
4. I know, I drive one and I'm on the waiting list for the 997 variant. What's your point?
5. Unfortunately I cant return the compliment.
and codders, I'm not missing the point at all. I've stood up for you in the past, in particular when someone started becoming a bit too personal, but on this issue, in my opinion, you are wrong. Wrong about not being able to drive a manual car to it's limits without breaking it, wrong about auto's being quicker than manuals and wrong about porsches. I know the square root of f*ck all about ribs (hence why I try and keep my gob shut and learn on this forum) but I'm a porsche anorak and it grips my shit when you refuse to back down when so obviously incorrect.
2. Beacuse I said the diffs had blown - didn't mention the boxes which is what you came back with!!!
3. I have read car mags for many years and they have all had problems over the years.
4. Meant to say Porsche still make the RWD turbo as well.
I am not attacking the 911 - it is NOT my cup of tea but they are a great car!!!
I stick by what I said that an automatic will take abuse better than a manual because it won't let you abuse it so much!!!
And in the real everyday world of normal driving I still say an automatic is quicker off the line - not through the gears which I never said.
You can't have followed this post all the way through which I can't blame you for but if you had you would see that other people were attacking me for the exact opposite!!! Funny how they don't all gang up against yopu for saying basically the same things!!!