Originally Posted by codprawn
1. You must have an amazing car then - racing cars tend to be rebuilt on a frequent basis as they fall part when you subject them to such stresses.
2. I was on about the diffs - NOT the box!!!
3. Yes the car mags DO manage to screw up 911 clutches along with many others.
4. Porsche STILL make the 911 turbo.
I know, I drive one and I'm on the waiting list for the 997 variant. What's your point?
You seem to miss the point here - I actually PREFER manual boxes - why are you attacking me and not the other people on here who made statements saying autos were better???
1. nope just a standard 911
2.why, the thread is about gearboxes?
3.really - name one?
4. I know, I drive one and I'm on the waiting list for the 997 variant. What's your point?
5. Unfortunately I cant return the compliment.
and codders, I'm not missing the point at all. I've stood up for you in the past, in particular when someone started becoming a bit too personal, but on this issue, in my opinion, you are wrong. Wrong about not being able to drive a manual car to it's limits without breaking it, wrong about auto's being quicker than manuals and wrong about porsches. I know the square root of f*ck all about ribs (hence why I try and keep my gob shut and learn on this forum) but I'm a porsche anorak and it grips my shit when you refuse to back down when so obviously incorrect.