Old 03 August 2004, 13:56   #41

Town: london
Boat name: Frances May
Make: vailant DR450
Length: 4m +
Engine: mercury 50 hp
Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel TD5
CJL

get this then from ken the bastard i go into london say 30 times a year most time i go by train but some times i have to drop stuff off so take the truck
and i normally forget to pay kens tax last thusday went in and got finned

but its gone up from £40.00 to £50.00 pounds work that out ken you c**t

dan
Old 03 August 2004, 14:05   #42

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel TD5
CJL

work that out ken you c**t

dan
Old 03 August 2004, 21:00   #43

Town: Beverley
Boat name: TBA
Make: Unknown
Length: 6m +
Engine: Tohatsu 8Hp
How about the plan for caravans heading down to Cornwall? Limit them (60mph) to the inside lane only, so they can't get past trucks travelling at 56mph. And if there is a truck actually obeying the speed limit then I can see nose to tail traffic in the inside lane, with lorry traffic effectively limiting the middle lane to 56mph.
I have to say I don't know those roads, but this seems like a recipe for disaster imposed by a politician who doesn't understand the problem. Anyone use that road regularly and know what it's like?
How about minimum speed limits instead, ie get all traffic to travel at the relevant speed limit.
I'm sick of idiots driving through the area where I live (20 and 30 limits) at 40, then at the edge of town when the national limit applies continuing at - you guessed it - 40mph. They obviously are not paying attention.

"I'm not lost, I'm exploring...."
roohairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 August 2004, 21:09   #44

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by roohairy
I'm sick of idiots driving through the area where I live (20 and 30 limits) at 40, then at the edge of town when the national limit applies continuing at - you guessed it - 40mph...
Yes - same everywhere... the 40mph brigade!
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 August 2004, 07:29   #45

Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B
Yes - same everywhere... the 40mph brigade!

Stop it! you're making Pete7 jealous!
Old 06 December 2004, 23:13   #46

Make: Ribtec
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha F225
From the Sunday Express

London mayor Ken Livingstone has publicly denounced some of the UK's biggest train operators as "rapacious, thieving scum". In answer to a question about London's rail network, he said: "I have grown tired ... trying to persuade the train operating companies to have a sense of public duty. They are like a load of junkies on a subsidy gravy train."

So Ken, if the rail bosses are "thieving scum" for implementing rises of between 3 - 7 % next year, what does that make you with your rise in the congestion charge of 60% ?

Somehow, £5 notes are just not big enough any more....
Old 07 December 2004, 19:44   #47

Town: sunny south coast
Boat name: Pride of Bilboa
Length: 10m +
MMSI: 4
Plus he is thinking about increasing the area to include Heathrow.. I have an LPG Mondeo.. LPG vehicles can be exempt, if your on their limited list of exempt vehicles..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteshoes
Very briefly, 'cos I'm a t work..

The congestion charge was introduced during half term week in February, when there would be a noticeable reduction in traffic anyway and the imposition of this new tax did deter people for the first few weeks. Bastard Ken declared it a triumph due to this initial fall off of traffic volumes.
He had also slowly increased the amount of time the lights stayed on red in the years run upto the congestion charge. Then changed this after the charge was introduced, allowing traffic to run more smoothly..

Regarding the origins of this thread, I thought Johnny Foreigner and his 43 tonner's were partly responsible for our camel humped inside lanes.. Bit galling, as JF, (Not RIBnets JF.. ), doesn't pay any road tax.. Prolly pay's sod all excise duty on fuel either..
Old 08 December 2004, 07:38   #48

Town: mansfield
Length: no boat
Send a message via MSN to osprey__viper
Its all my fault......

.......Ruts in the road, congestion charge, toll roads, why???? cos I drive a 44t artic and everyone else blames me, so feel free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You want to try coming out of Asda rdc at Dartford. Head back towards the M25 and as the road swings to the left, I can actually let go of the steering wheel (dont try this at home, remember safety first ) cos the ruts are that deep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. As for the M6 toll road, best of luck to all thoses that use it, it'll keep the free M6 clear for us truckers, ta

Now the latest daft idea is an overtaking ban for hgv's on a section of the M42. That'll be good cos its on an uphill section with one junction. Just imagine the free for all when we get out of the banned zone, especially when you can do 91kph!!!!!! and before anybody shouts, Three lane motorway with national speed limit = 60mph for hgv's.

As for Ken's congestion charge it has reduced traffic slightly, making 4 drops with a 45ft tri axle freezer and Scania Topline a lot easier. However we still have to pay for a night time permit to get in to central London!!!!! good one ken (not) ya muppet!!!!!!

Ah well rant over, i'll get me coat and tachos on the way out

Martin (ribnet's trucking correspondent)
Old 08 December 2004, 08:27   #49

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey__viper

Martin (ribnet's trucking correspondent)
Hi Martin - where do you recomend for custom trucking stuff - specifically for a Volvo FL10 - anything shiny and blingy would do, got the chrome hub caps, and looking for more stuff? Thanks
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 December 2004, 09:11   #50

Trucking.....

....now we're talking (i have got to get out more!!! )

Cookee you could try these people www.truckstuff.co.uk They are a company called CDC. I have used them several times and they are very good. If you can't find what you're looking for, give them a call.

Do you use the FL for your transporting the boat???? or is it just a hobby?

Hope this helps

Martin

p.s. If ya ever short of a driver, let me know. If I can I will. Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scotish sammy 2.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	9591  
Old 08 December 2004, 09:55   #51

Quote:
....now we're talking (i have got to get out more!!! )

Cookee you could try these people www.truckstuff.co.uk They are a company called CDC. I have used them several times and they are very good. If you can't find what you're looking for, give them a call.

Do you use the FL for your transporting the boat???? or is it just a hobby?

Hope this helps

Martin

p.s. If ya ever short of a driver, let me know. If I can I will. Cheers
Thanks for the offer Martin - both Graham (my navigator) and myself have licences! (Mind you if we end up going up to Scotaland again we could fly and you could drive! Ha ha ha) I use the Fl for moving the raceboat around, and its my personal lorry so it's taxed as a PHG - same tax as my pickup! It's a rigid with a beavertail although we had to cut the hydraulic ramps down to fit the boat on! Wish it was limiter exempt - it would fly with just the raceboat on!

Got the shiny hubcaps from CDC but wondered if there was anyone else that did that sort of stuff, especially the new LED rear lights?

Thinking of going all black with the cab for next season with lots of bling and yellow Sharks as well as pictures of the boat! Without going over the top in the slightest of course!

Cheers

ps is that your rig in the photo?
Old 08 December 2004, 15:24   #52

Cookee,

Not to sure of any other places at the mo. However when I see our fitter next I will ask him, cos we have 5 fl's we use as shunters plus the one which is his own little project. You could try e-bay but if I hear of anything I'll let ya know.

Yep, that was my truck, gave it up 6 months ago to go on holiday relief at our place. Same job but a bit more money. I do mis havin me own truck, but i've got a rib, a missus and a german sheppard to run, so needs must!!!!!

I sometimes get down your neck of the woods, so I may well be in touch and come and have a look at ya FL.

Cheers

Martin
Old 08 December 2004, 16:00   #53

Quote:
Cookee,

I sometimes get down your neck of the woods, so I may well be in touch and come and have a look at ya FL.

Cheers

Martin
While you're here you might as well have a look at the boats as well! You'd be welcome any time as is anyone else (if you ask first!) It's always nice to put a face to a name,