Click Here to Login

Old 24 April 2006, 16:13   #1
Now back to being Mollers!

Town: Arundel
Boat name: Mike Bravo 1
Make: Scorp
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 300
Legend Sailing, Milton Morenish, Killin. Scotland.

Does anyone have any info on Legend Sailing? The owner is a guy by the name of Andrew Cryer.
Old 24 April 2006, 16:17   #2
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
The websites not very imformative, and the only photo is a Fireball dinghy, must have more boats than that.

http://www.legendsailing.co.uk/html/home.html
Old 24 April 2006, 16:28   #3

Thanks ADS. The guy bought 6 Topper dinghies from me last year, the courier bill was £460 which I agreed to split with him so he paid me for the boats less £230. I've just spoken with the couriers regarding a seperate delivery to me, and discovered that the s**t didn't ever pay the bill! So he caught me for half and stuffed the couriers over.
Old 24 April 2006, 16:37   #4
ADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
Thanks ADS. The guy bought 6 Topper dinghies from me last year, the courier bill was £460 which I agreed to split with him so he paid me for the boats less £230. I've just spoken with the couriers regarding a seperate delivery to me, and discovered that the s**t didn't ever pay the bill! So he caught me for half and stuffed the couriers over.
Some people...
Well theres contact details on the site, I don't think the business is going anywhere, or atleast the website doesn't mention any equipment (apart from the fireball photo) and the equipment is what people go for.
What were you doing with 6 Toppers anyway! Ive still got my topper, although I sail a standard rig Laser now.
Old 24 April 2006, 16:47   #5

We have a couple of Marine Colleges in the area. They get pots of dosh each year to blow on new fleets etc. I buy a lot of the stuff that's being sold off. I also bought 5 Picos last year, I keep the odd one back for our kids, but with a Topper, a Pico, a GP14 and surfing, they tend not to get much use.
Old 24 April 2006, 17:09   #6
ADS

Quote:
We have a couple of Marine Colleges in the area. They get pots of dosh each year to blow on new fleets etc. I buy a lot of the stuff that's being sold off. I also bought 5 Picos last year, I keep the odd one back for our kids, but with a Topper, a Pico, a GP14 and surfing, they tend not to get much use.
Fair enough, Toppers and Picos are generally indestructable, traning centres are a good place to get a newish dinghy relatively cheaply, not sure I would trust a grp boat from there, probably full of filler!
That website looks looks like the guy, called Andrew as well, the only other Legend related to sailing are those ghastly yachts with the rib aframes!
Old 24 April 2006, 17:15   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS
Fair enough, Toppers and Picos are generally indestructable, traning centres are a good place to get a newish dinghy relatively cheaply, not sure I would trust a grp boat from there, probably full of filler!
That website looks looks like the guy, called Andrew as well, the only other Legend related to sailing are those ghastly yachts with the rib aframes!
Yep, that's him. He seemed ok over the phone and he has pretty good sailing credentails. The couriers are well cheased off about it, and I don't blame them. I've mailed him and advised him to get it paid. I'll be making a visit if required.
Old 24 April 2006, 17:23   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS
The websites not very imformative, and the only photo is a Fireball dinghy, must have more boats than that.

http://www.legendsailing.co.uk/html/home.html
It looks as if he put the website together pre getting the Toppers. Looks like he had an old Fireball, 3 Canoes and a bow and arrow at that point.
Old 24 April 2006, 18:19   #9
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
It looks as if he put the website together pre getting the Toppers. Looks like he had an old Fireball, 3 Canoes and a bow and arrow at that point.
I believe I have seen his opperation (early 2005) and that is about the right description. He's based on a caravan/chalet park on the west coast of Loch Tay. I'm not sure I would have much hope of getting 400 pounds or so from him... ...looked like a shoe-string-budget affair when I was there. The website is actually better than I would have expected based on what I saw in person!
Old 24 April 2006, 18:30   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart
I believe I have seen his opperation (early 2005) and that is about the right description. He's based on a caravan/chalet park on the west coast of Loch Tay. I'm not sure I would have much hope of getting 400 pounds or so from him... ...looked like a shoe-string-budget affair when I was there. The website is actually better than I would have expected based on what I saw in person!
Anyone that goes in for dodging out of bill paying is hardly destined to establish a thriving business. I'm surprised that the guy is still in operation.
Old 25 April 2006, 01:08   #11

Length: 6m +
Alice - if you get any more of these in please let me know as I am actively seeking s/h single handers/training fleets for my home sailing club in Kent.

Cheers!

Quote:
Old 25 April 2006, 06:45   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
Alice - if you get any more of these in please let me know as I am actively seeking s/h single handers/training fleets for my home sailing club in Kent.

Cheers!
Will do Jimbo, I had a message last week to say that there may be some stuff available. I'll let you know.
Old 25 April 2006, 12:11   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo

Cheers!
Jimbo, I've just spoken with a guy that might have a dinghy or two if you'd like to pm me.

Oh, and Mr. Cryer of Legend Sailing has just settled with the courier.
Old 15 January 2007, 16:29   #14

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Engine: Honda BF50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice View Post
I can now confirm the Andrew Cryer of Legend Sailing has/did settle the bill in the above mentioned post.
Old 11 March 2007, 17:13   #15

Town: Killin
Boat name: Phoenix
Make: Avon
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard 15hp
Check Your Facts

When The Toppers Where Supplied To Me I Paid £2200 For The Boats And I Was Told That The Delivery Would Cost £200 Which I Agreed To Pay Half Of. After They Where Delivered I Was Informed That The Delivery Would Cost £460. Chris Sent Me A Cheque For £230 And I Forwarded A Cheque For £330 To The Courier. Which Was The £230 Paid By Chris Vanstone And The £100 Which I Had Agreed To Pay.