Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 15 November 2015, 17:40   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Denny
Boat name: Hebridean Storm
Make: Coastline
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130hp
MMSI: 235107505
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 835
Kyleakin...anyone local?

Hi

I'm hoping there's someone in Kyleakin that is familiar with S Obbe Road.
I'm thinking of renting the last cottage on the waterside of S Obbe Rd. for two weeks and was wondering if there is enough space at the end of the road to turn a car + 6.5mtr rib (top of the fishing pier) and if the parking space at the house looks big enough to store the trailer.
Grateful for any info.
__________________

__________________
Last Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2015, 17:59   #2
Member
 
A1an's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Fort William
Make: Humber Destroyer
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha F80
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,239
RIBase
It looks like there is more than enough room when looking on Google street view.
__________________

__________________
There is a place on this planet for all of Gods creatures.........right next to my tatties and gravy.
A1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2015, 20:03   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,962
South Obbe road is branched so I'm not quite sure where you mean for the cottage. If you mean the end of the road where the old ferry slip is then yes it's easy because it's a wee one way loop around the buildings at the end of the road. You just drive around and you can launch your boat off the ferry slip. This time of year you'll likely find space on the pontoon to leave your boat, at busy times probably but maybe no.
__________________
JW.
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2015, 01:34   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Denny
Boat name: Hebridean Storm
Make: Coastline
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130hp
MMSI: 235107505
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
South Obbe road is branched so I'm not quite sure where you mean for the cottage. If you mean the end of the road where the old ferry slip is then yes it's easy because it's a wee one way loop around the buildings at the end of the road. You just drive around and you can launch your boat off the ferry slip. This time of year you'll likely find space on the pontoon to leave your boat, at busy times probably but maybe no.
Don't think we're taking about the same road. It's the single track road that crosses the river, turns to the the left and comes to an end at the old fishing pier ?
I've had a look at it on street view and it looks like a "maybe"
__________________
Last Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2015, 05:37   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Isle of Skye
Boat name: Seafari - VHF CH 71
Make: Humbers+Catamaran
Length: 6m +
Engine: Volvo/Iveco/Suzuki
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 196
I'm about 20 minutes down the road --
Its a bit tight so would say its a no, but could have a look later if you want ?
there is storage just before it, and if you ask the harbour Master in Kyle, they will prob let you leave it on the old ferry slipway.

Mr JWalker - how are you ?
Just added wheelhouse to my 9.5m Humber.....

Pete
__________________
seafariskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2015, 13:33   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Denny
Boat name: Hebridean Storm
Make: Coastline
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130hp
MMSI: 235107505
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafariskye View Post
I'm about 20 minutes down the road --
Its a bit tight so would say its a no, but could have a look later if you want ?
there is storage just before it, and if you ask the harbour Master in Kyle, they will prob let you leave it on the old ferry slipway.

Mr JWalker - how are you ?
Just added wheelhouse to my 9.5m Humber.....

Pete
Hi
Thanks for the info.

I think I'll just book up anyway on the basis that I'll find somewhere to park the trailer and hopefully get the boat onto the pontoon for the two weeks.

If you're in Kyleakin it would be good if you could have a look but don't make a trip just for that.

Thanks
__________________
Last Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2015, 15:11   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafariskye View Post
Mr JWalker - how are you ?
Just added wheelhouse to my 9.5m Humber.....

Pete
Cool thanks, long time no see.

We need a pic of that Humber Mr Fowler sir!
__________________
JW.
jwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2015, 16:55   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Kyles of Bute
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF90
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 242
Just as a matter of interest. There is a lovely new public slip at Carbost, Loch Harport, West Skye. Got pontoons too so handy for visiting the Talisker distillery etc.
__________________
Perroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2015, 17:25   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Denny
Boat name: Hebridean Storm
Make: Coastline
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130hp
MMSI: 235107505
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perroboy View Post
Just as a matter of interest. There is a lovely new public slip at Carbost, Loch Harport, West Skye. Got pontoons too so handy for visiting the Talisker distillery etc.
.......
__________________

__________________
Last Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.