Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 03 January 2012, 12:58   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Jersey Campsites?

Am looking at possible camping trip to the CI ( with the car, bikes and maybe a boat) but are looking for any recommendation for a half decent campsite.

Ideally near a beach / bar, but I'll be fully mobile so anywhere really .

Pete
__________________

__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 January 2012, 13:04   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Jersey
Boat name: Archangel
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: ETec 225
MMSI: 235063789
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,005
The Beuvelande site is first class. Mrs GJ0KYZ's friends stay there every year and it's top banana: Beuvelande Campsite
__________________

__________________
www.flickr.com/photos/gj0kyz
GJ0KYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 January 2012, 15:30   #3
RIBnet supporter
 
Erin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,830
I can't add much regarding campsites as I've never stayed on any locally, although I believe Beuvelande is one of the better. A couple of the local campsites I have seen have been rather primitive. Like many seaside towns alot of our tourist accommodation is either a bit tired and 20yrs or so out of date or very modern and stupidly expensive.

I assume you'll be bringing your rib via the car ferry. I don't know what your trailer + boat length is but they don't like anything over 6m. You may need to be a bit selective when quoting its length.
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 January 2012, 16:08   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: Jersey
Boat name: Archangel
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: ETec 225
MMSI: 235063789
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
A couple of the local campsites I have seen have been rather primitive. Like many seaside towns alot of our tourist accommodation is either a bit tired and 20yrs or so out of date or very modern and stupidly expensive.
I'll second that. The Island's bloody expensive to get to as well.
__________________
www.flickr.com/photos/gj0kyz
GJ0KYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 January 2012, 09:23   #5
Member
 
Nick Hearne's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ0KYZ View Post
The Beuvelande site is first class. Mrs GJ0KYZ's friends stay there every year and it's top banana: Beuvelande Campsite
Had a great holiday at this site a few years ago stayed in one of the sites permanent frame tents, took the bikes & the Bombard 380 Aerotec & had a ball kids loved it was a very special holiday, sib lived on the car roof & just drove down on to any beach we liked & launched the sib!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1075.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	64736   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01602.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	64737  
__________________
Member of the Ribeye supporters club!!!
Member of Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Member of SR4 club
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2012, 09:12   #6
RIBnet supporter
 
gotchiguy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dinard, Brittany
Boat name: Into the Red
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evinrude E-tec 250HO
MMSI: 235 076 114
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,948
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I assume you'll be bringing your rib via the car ferry. I don't know what your trailer + boat length is but they don't like anything over 6m. You may need to be a bit selective when quoting its length.
That's for the Incats only as I understand it. There is no restriction on the *traditional* portsmouth ferry
__________________
gotchiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2012, 09:28   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Thanks all . Will be booking at the above campsite later today for end of May or start of June and travelling from Poole on one of the cats. I will of course be happy to courier any small items back and forth. (VAT allowing of course ! )

Not sure if I'll take the SIB ....will see nearer the time.
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2012, 10:43   #8
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,272
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
Thanks all . Will be booking at the above campsite later today for end of May or start of June and travelling from Poole on one of the cats. I will of course be happy to courier any small items back and forth. (VAT allowing of course ! )

Not sure if I'll take the SIB ....will see nearer the time.
Think hard befor you leave the Boat at home mate.I would definately take the SIB Pete, ESPECIALY if the weather looks good! I went on a Loongg Stagg weekend there a few years ago,we had perfect weather, after a couple of days (All I can handle these days) I was realy longing for a Boat to explore the truley fantastic coastline.Blagged a trip with some Bass members in the end.. great fishing too!
__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2012, 10:49   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Weather will be the decider ...if it looks good It'll go in the boot, if not - it wont ! I Have loads of space to carry it all. Bike may have to go ont he rack anyway.

Will the ferry get twitchy about me taking a full tank in the boot ?( assumiing they even find out & I wont be telling them ! & I've got tinted rear windows)
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2012, 11:13   #10
Member
 
Nick Hearne's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
Weather will be the decider ...if it looks good It'll go in the boot, if not - it wont ! I Have loads of space to carry it all. Bike may have to go ont he rack anyway.

Will the ferry get twitchy about me taking a full tank in the boot ?( assumiing they even find out & I wont be telling them ! & I've got tinted rear windows)
I would take the Sib or the rib as you will kick yourself if you don't, I took fuel tank on the ferry no problem!

One good thing about being on a small island is we would just go to the leeward side of the island to escape the worst of the weather!
__________________

__________________
Member of the Ribeye supporters club!!!
Member of Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Member of SR4 club
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.