Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
doh That's that sorted then! I'll have a look at the others to see if I prefer the file transfer
So are you sorted or not ? Anapod Explorer allows you to chop and change the names, categories etc, because it doesnt work like itunes, its more like windows explorer, and more importantly resolves the Digital Rights Management issues, and allows you to move/copy tracks between devices and/or computers,.. I tunes wont let you do that !
From what you say, your audio books are getting classed as the Genre 'Blues', why that is I dont know but have a look here
and see if your question is answered, to me it looks like it is , although I have never used audio books. But this page tells you what you can do with tag editing.
under this section :
- Full support for iPod tag-based organization.
- View all tracks or by artist, album, or genre.
- View albums under their artists or alphabetically.
- Create playlists from artist, album, genre folders.
- Edit tags information on-board the iPod.
- Batch edit multiple tags at once.
- Change artist, album or genre by drag and drop.
- Rename whole artists, albums, and genres.
- Customize track display format using templates.
- Delete tracks by artist, album, or genre.
If it works with music and video, I dont see why it wont with audio books. It supports drag and drop functionality and is pretty easy to use, ok its not free, but being free of the DRM crap that itunes ties you too makes it worth it. Like any software it takes a bit to know your way around, but IMO once youve got used to it it really makes moving files on your ipod a sinch.