Old 07 December 2006, 12:20   #11
Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
Arizona Weather

Hi Codders, Yep right again you are. I am getting to depend on you as "the definitive"
Love this weather, you gotta break eggs to make omlettes.
I guess our gel coat shine and tubes last alot longer.
Besides, there is good to great chance that you will be sharing your boat with Diamond Back/ Rattler/Side winder (non missle type)/ to mention just a few of the beauties they have out there. "Snake bites in the tube" that would be a good one. I prefer it here, wind and all.

I also need to live near water and see it once a day.

God bless Galway Bay and all who live in her.(It was Dublin Bay before this one). Let it rain for God sake. Water brings life. Hard to paddle your boat in the Arizona Sand...

I like the way that they give the period with the Wave height.

Also while I am at it, we can swim in the sea without wondering what species "that fin" belongs to. Not sure about you but when I swim I dont want to see any fin of any description, dolphin or other.
As I am at it, thank God its not Oz. Everything there bites, stings and kills.

I love Ireland, I do, I do.

Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 December 2006, 12:25   #12
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Well we have had quite a few sharks in the Bristol Channel - Blue sharks up to about 300lbs - also few other exotics spotted but our waters are too cold for them. It was the opposite when we lived by the Red Sea - water temp was 99F - hotter than blood!!! Because of this the Sharks were pretty docile - sluggish like people on a hot day. I think the waters of Australia - SA and the USA are just right for them to be killers.

I love these winds - it's the constant bloody rain I hate so much. Off to check my boat again - make sure it's still there. If my boat was in a proper Marina with lock gates I would feel a lot happier. Having said that there is loads of building work around most marinas - a sheet of tin roof wouldn't do the boat much good either!!!

codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote