Old 16 September 2008, 22:15   #21

Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
While I'm sure you feel much happier under these circumstances, I'm not sure that the animal in question experiences much of a difference.
Probably not, but at least one of us will die happy!
Old 16 September 2008, 22:17   #22

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
You really don't need to apologise on my behalf. If "hunters" need to sneak up on a defenceless animal and shoot it with a longbow, crossbow, shotgun or whatever, just to increase the size of their dicks then it's fine by me, I just prefer to get my meat out of a tin,or a butchers slab, where I'd like to think no pleasure has been derived from the killing of said animal.
In Scotland I'm afraid .. 'Dick' size .. really doesnt come in to it with reference to controlling our deer population .. you really do sound like a git now ... come up here and learn something about it and the husbandry that goes with it that helps to manage the place.. instead of making such a brain dead comment
Old 16 September 2008, 22:21   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
In Scotland I'm afraid .. 'Dick' size .. really doesnt come in to it with reference to controlling our deer population .. you really do sound like a git now ... come up here and learn something about it and the husbandry that goes with it that helps to manage the place.. instead of making such a brain dead comment
twat
Old 16 September 2008, 22:38   #24

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
twat

Ahh you've failed your own tag line now .,
Old 16 September 2008, 22:44   #25
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Now now children...

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2008, 22:46   #26

Quote:
Ahh you've failed your own tag line now .,
constantly!!!!!
Old 16 September 2008, 22:53   #27

Old 16 September 2008, 22:54   #28

Town: Newmarket
Boat name: ELA
Make: METZELER
Length: 4m +
Engine: 20 Suzuki
Please understand were dirk diggler is coming from. His statement " just to increase the size of their dicks " shows he is envious of hunters and may feel inferior for some personal reason.
Old 16 September 2008, 23:06   #29

you crazy canucks!
Old 17 September 2008, 03:28   #30

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Quote:
Well I wondered if they would be perhaps curious a little, but in the wild I'm surprised they are that bold.. that could be a hell of a load to drag onto a SIB from any distance .. especially over wetlands .. do you sled it somehow ?
If you are in the middle of nowhere, you've got to dress and quarter the moose where you drop it. Better still to debone it right there as well. Even at that, it is quite a job to load just the meat. The closer to the shoreline it drops, the better. The cranberry bogs in that area are extremely difficult to walk in even with no load on your back.
Old 17 September 2008, 03:34   #31

Since it is clear that DD is fiercely committed to remain in a state of total ignorance, I won't waste my time responding to any more of his posts.
Old 17 September 2008, 06:33   #32

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie tuber View Post
Since it is clear that DD is fiercely committed to remain in a state of total ignorance, I won't waste my time responding to any more of his posts.
You may be surprised at the breadth of knowledge that the "Tubby One" has...although the rumours are that he does, indeed, have a very small weener......
Old 17 September 2008, 06:39   #33

Quote:
I have both Fallow and Roe deer roaming over my land and even through my garden, so well understand how destructive they can be. I would prefer to “live and let live” despite my wife’s protestation at the devastation that they bring upon her attempts to create a formal garden.
However when the need for a cull arises because of the inevitable conflict with humans arises, I much prefer the idea of that being carried out by a professional for whom the task is just a trade rather than someone who gets “enjoyment” from the killing…
Old 17 September 2008, 12:02   #34

Town: Newmarket
Boat name: ELA
Make: METZELER
Engine: 20 Suzuki
some of my gear.

If it was not for my 1/4 moose from the hunt there would be many a winter my two girls and I would have very little meat on the table.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PDR_0170.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	37573  
Old 17 September 2008, 13:33   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
I much prefer the idea of that being carried out by a professional for whom the task is just a trade rather than someone who gets “enjoyment” from the killing…
The fact that the taking of wildlife is not a commercial activity in North America is the single biggest reason why there is such an abundance of large wildlife in North America (even in the heavily populated US) while it has been virtually obliterated throughout most of Europe. The comment about ""enjoyment" from the killing" tells the rest of us who do hunt that you clearly have no idea of what hunting is all about.

That said, the fact that you are no longer using this message board to send deathwishes to people you disagree with (as far a I know), suggests that you are making some progress...
Old 17 September 2008, 14:21   #36

Town: Toronto
Engine: Yamaha, 15hp, 2str
Probably I have to be ashamed too ... Well I am not a hunter. But I kill fish on a regular basis. I do have pleasure when I find it and catch it but do not when I have to smash it with a bat to kill it instantly. Now it is a meal. I do believe the same goes to the hunting process.

Personally if it is legal and regulated I do not see any problem with it. Even more ... non commercial hunters and fisherman tend to conserve nature better than the people who don't go H&F.
Old 17 September 2008, 15:43   #37
exspyrd trayd membir

Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by dverstege View Post
I instructed archery for many years
dat duzunt himpress uz mait. weer inglish. archerry iz inn ower blud. jus axe dem frogg bastuds acrors de fkin channul inn franse. ower archerrs kild millyons ov de fkkers att de battul ov wortelew.

Quote:
perhaps Dirk would be so kind as to regale us with stories of his personal moose hunting experiences.
hee az a catt too doo iz moose huntin. an sum moose trapps wiv cheeze inn dem. heez a layzy bastud,

garF
Old 17 September 2008, 15:51   #38

Town: Oakland CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dim. View Post
I do have pleasure when I find it and catch it but do not when I have to smash it with a bat to kill it instantly.
Don't do it then. Or simply catch and release.

You are either going out to get food (i.e. the prey is going to die sometime), or you are participating for sport (i.e. catch and release will allow both sides of the equation to happily carry on, at least usually), or, in the case of some hunters I know, you're simply going out to kill things (which has not yet been a part of this conversation. Hopefully won't be.)

Much of the problem here lies in people taking a firm stance against an issue they know nothing about. I have had people chastise me for spearfishing, saying you can get fish at a supermarket rather than put a metal pole through the poor fish. They usually rethink it when the issue of bycatch is brought up (Commercial fishing often takes less than half of what is brought up - the rest is discarded, usually dead, as it's not commercially valuable.) Spearfishing allows me to target a particular fish; no bycatch, no undersize fish, just the one I take.

Quote:
non commercial hunters and fisherman tend to conserve nature better than the people who don't go H&F.
True. At least usually true.

jky
Old 17 September 2008, 16:17   #39

Town: Toronto
Engine: Yamaha, 15hp, 2str
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyasaki View Post
Or simply catch and release.
No. Not my way. I would prefer to take my limit (which is normally less than permitted by MNR) and stop targeting that fish. C&R is a wrong concept. You should not exercise your reaction and etc. on an alive subject. Unless that subject agrees to go through that exercise with you. It is Ok to sparring on the ring with your partner but try it on street with unknown person - you'll be nailed by police and charged after.

PS I am not starving but simply prefer my catch over farm raised mutants.
Old 17 September 2008, 17:25   #40

Quote:
The fact that the taking of wildlife is not a commercial activity in North America is the single biggest reason why there is such an abundance of large wildlife in North America (even in the heavily populated US) while it has been virtually obliterated throughout most of Europe. The comment about ""enjoyment" from the killing" tells the rest of us who do hunt that you clearly have no idea of what hunting is all about.

That said, the fact that you are no longer using this message board to send deathwishes to people you disagree with (as far a I know), suggests that you are making some progress...

...and your presumption that we have "no idea what hunting is all about" shows your ignorance. I fully understand the nature of hunting for survival.. it's killing for "fun" that I disagree with. I still stand by my comment that anyone who chooses to hunt higher mammals (Bears in this case)with a bow and arrow for "fun" deserves to be on the receiving end of a Bear's teeth and claws...