Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 17 September 2008, 15:32   #41
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Winnipeg
Make: Gemini Dive 470
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 40 2str
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
...and your presumption that we have "no idea what hunting is all about" shows your ignorance. I fully understand the nature of hunting for survival.. it's killing for "fun" that I disagree with.
That comment is proof that you. Do not know what you are talking about. If by 'killing for fun' you are referring to people who just go out and shoot animals then leave them to waste, you are talking about an illegal activity that has nothing whatsoever to do with hunting.

The fact is that all legalized hunting is all about survival. It is about the long term survival of the species that is hunted. It is about the survival of a very basic aspect of our humanity that has been part of us from the dawn of human existence. Something which antihunters are fiercely trying to extinguish.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
I still stand by my comment that anyone who chooses to hunt higher mammals (Bears in this case)with a bow and arrow for "fun" deserves to be on the receiving end of a Bear's teeth and claws...
Anyone who values the life of an animal more than that of a human, is IMO, subhuman.
__________________

__________________
TubrOnCrakberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2008, 16:43   #42
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
it's killing for "fun" that I disagree with.
I think the logic of your argument is out of context on this thread though. You dont really know the reasons for the OP's reason to hunt, so putting in a statement about your own dissafection with the morals of killing game is not really relevant.

The notion of people killing game for fun is .. for the most part ill informed , and rarely is it connected, with the business of hunting for a purpose ,.. now read that again .. 'for a purpose' ... sure there are idiots who like to get dogs to fight and kill each other, cocks, or other animals or so called persuits such as badger baiting, and for that I am in complete agreement with you, and that is not acceptable..and there is no place for those activities . However, that is a world away from taking an animal, for your own needs, in the context of this thread,... there is a huge difference, so perhaps you want to get a better understanding for those that might get offended by such a statement as you made, from different parts of the world, who wont see things the way you do, and for whom a hunt is normality

I think you will find what the OP and my own point was, (since you quoted my text although on exactly what grounds your reply was in rebuttle to, I'm not sure) and part of the notion of the thread is, that for those who hunt, killing is actually a minor part, in what requires immense skill to achieve, and why you, and DD have stated, 'you are quite happy to get it from a tin', but you wont do it yourself.. I dont really understand ..Do you hope some mindless automaton will keep feeding you ? is that it ? because if they don't .. what will you do then ?

Then If you morally take that view ,.. you shouldnt be eating meat in the first place if you think about it ... dont post a comment saying its not ok but it is, when it suits me !!
__________________

__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2008, 16:54   #43
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubrOnCrakberry View Post
...
Anyone who values the life of an animal more than that of a human, is IMO, subhuman.
Not quite what I meant. I value the life of a "civilized" human quite highly..but not that of someone who encourages the base traits of the barbarian that you appear to prize so highly...or don't you believe in evolution?
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2008, 17:01   #44
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
.. and why you, and DD have stated, 'you are quite happy to get it from a tin', but you wont do it yourself.. I dont really understand ..Do you hope some mindless automaton will keep feeding you ? is that it ? because if they don't .. what will you do then ?

Then If you morally take that view ,.. you shouldnt be eating meat in the first place if you think about it ... dont post a comment saying its not ok but it is, when it suits me !!

Wrong. I've never said that I'm not willing to kill. If I needed to kill to eat, I'd be quite happy to do so. I'm quite happy to kill "fluffy creatures" when it has to be done, don't misunderstand me. I have a gun cabinet full of lethal weapons that I will use without hesitation if needed..and that's the point, isn't it? It's not a "sport" it's not to be glamorized and turned into something it's not. It's just killing and should be done as quickly and cleanly as possible without emotion.
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2008, 17:11   #45
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Kennett you're a git.. I just spat read wine over the keyboard when I read your new thread title...
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2008, 17:38   #46
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Why is it you kill these debates John ? I was about to get fired up but I cant be arsed now
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2008, 17:44   #47
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Winnipeg
Make: Gemini Dive 470
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 40 2str
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Not quite what I meant. I value the life of a "civilized" human quite highly..but not that of someone who encourages the base traits of the barbarian that you appear to prize so highly...or don't you believe in evolution?
Now isn't that calling the kettle black? As much as your attitude digusts me, I have no desire that you be killed because of it. That is something which differentiates a 'barbarian' such as yourself from the rest of us 'civilized' folk.
__________________
TubrOnCrakberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2008, 18:56   #48
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
I'd far rather eat something that hasn't been living in its own excrement all its life and has had a quality of life somewhat better than this:-

then mechanically killed,scalded and processed. I'd far rather it hadn't been handled by enough migrant workers to cover the whole thing in fecal bacteria afterwards then left on a supermarket shelf for a week either. Or does that make me a barbarian?

Still, we can't all be royal and have swans butchered and prepared for us by our manservants...
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2008, 19:12   #49
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,688
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
I'd far rather eat something that hasn't been living in its own excrement all its life and has had a quality of life somewhat better than this:-

then mechanically killed,scalded and processed. I'd far rather it hadn't been handled by enough migrant workers to cover the whole thing in fecal bacteria afterwards then left on a supermarket shelf for a week either. Or does that make me a barbarian?

Still, we can't all be royal and have swans butchered and prepared for us by our manservants...
Is the one just right of centre with it's head up Dirk ?
__________________
Running around like a head with it's chicken cut off.
Limey Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2008, 20:12   #50
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Newmarket
Boat name: ELA
Make: METZELER
Length: 4m +
Engine: 20 Suzuki
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 157
A great first hunt for Dirk

Thought this would be a great hunt for Dirk.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dilldoe.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	37576  
__________________

__________________
dverstege is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.