Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 19 June 2006, 15:41   #1
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
Hugh Jardon having a dig at Codders again

< Edit: Split from another thread. JK >

codders


not having a go but why in your profile have you left the make of your boat blank, are you embarrased or have you just forgotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
It says "if the boat is small or exposed" you don't need to carry the chart - just make sure you have seen it.

Anyway - "it was washed away in the accident your honour"!!!

I wonder how many people in little dinghys or other small craft bother or are even aware of this new law(2002).

I carry far more gear than I need to - my choice - if someone is stupid enough to set out without the proper gear that is their choice. In these days of the "nanny state" it is nice to have a few choices left!!!
__________________

__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2006, 16:18   #2
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
not having a go
I'd say that you clearly are having a go. Why else hijack a completely unrelated thread to post a smart arse question?

It's not as if it's the first time. Why do you find it necessary to persist with this? Do you think it makes you look clever?

John
__________________

__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2006, 03:48   #3
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
I'd say that you clearly are having a go. Why else hijack a completely unrelated thread to post a smart arse question?

It's not as if it's the first time. Why do you find it necessary to persist with this? Do you think it makes you look clever?

John
No, the question was asked quite innocently. ....forgotten as in forgotten to complete that field

perhaps i should have searched for the thread where someone suggested that cods update his profile and he replied with the fact that he had.....and ask there

Sorry Cods....
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2006, 08:09   #4
ADS
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,410
I think it was a fair enough question, why not include the manufacturer of your boat?
I originally suggested he updated his profile because new members or people viewing from outside, will think 4000+ posts and he hasn't even got a boat! Nothing against him
__________________
ADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2006, 08:15   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
For ONCE John I think it's a fair question - I was waiting for someone to pick up on it!!!

The reason I have put the makers name as BLANK is because the builder of my boat chose not to put a name on it!!!

Wether that is because he couldn't be bothered - or he had sold the company or whatever I just don't know!!! Maybe it is in the same place as some other missing bits???
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2006, 08:44   #6
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
For ONCE John I think it's a fair question - I was waiting for someone to pick up on it!!!

The reason I have put the makers name as BLANK is because the builder of my boat chose not to put a name on it!!!
I agree i thought it was a fair question as well

it might be best to associate the boat with a maker for when you want to sell it?

So JK
thanks for picking out my question and starting a new thread trying to ridicule me and trying to call me a smart arse, feel free to apologise in your own good time!

where is my old mate who used to post on here when you need him!!
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2006, 10:49   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
.....it might be best to associate the boat with a maker for when you want to sell it?
Mmm... not sure that's true in every case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
So JK
thanks for picking out my question and starting a new thread trying to ridicule me and trying to call me a smart arse, feel free to apologise in your own good time!
Yeah...Lanky ! Psst.... I've warned the boys'n girls at HU to be on the look out for you... they asked how they would recognise you.... and I said... I don't think that'll be a problem
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2006, 11:35   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
I agree i thought it was a fair question as well

it might be best to associate the boat with a maker for when you want to sell it?

So JK
thanks for picking out my question and starting a new thread trying to ridicule me and trying to call me a smart arse, feel free to apologise in your own good time!

where is my old mate who used to post on here when you need him!!
I did say for ONCE!!!
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2006, 11:43   #9
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
I did say for ONCE!!!
for once I agree with your initial reply below.....

good luck with the boat and hope you have as much fun as we are having.

are you going to the pwilly meet or any of the others?

we are arranging a south wales meet so perhaps you would like to join us as it will be on your doorstep.....
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2006, 11:56   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
for once I agree with your initial reply below.....

good luck with the boat and hope you have as much fun as we are having.

are you going to the pwilly meet or any of the others?

we are arranging a south wales meet so perhaps you would like to join us as it will be on your doorstep.....
North Wales is a bitch to get to from South Wales so nope.

Will post some pics of our last outing. Might be up for a South Wales bash though - MIGHT!!!
__________________

__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.