Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 25 June 2006, 18:12   #21
exspyrd trayd membir
 
The Garfish's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverbird
Hugh Jordan Jono & Mullholland and jono garton in my opinion are just like a couple of little kids.
aparrt fromm de naim spellin i sea dat maffs aynt yorr stronngppoynt eiver

i fink emigrasun waz de rite fing too doo

gaRf
__________________
The Garfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2006, 18:40   #22
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverbird
I would just like to put my pennies worth in here.I have recently given up writing anything on this website,even though i do still click on stuff and read peoples posts.
Sorry you feel this way. Don't give up on us just yet!
Quote:
The reasons i have started to dislike this site is . . .
Well, I agree with some of what you say, but not all of it. Have you looked at this thread on the subject? If you haven't then please do because some of your points have been covered at length.

Some people complain that I am too controlling, and some say I'm not doing enough. In fact your post is so timely that I fully expect to be accused of putting you up to it!
Quote:
At first i thought that the reason John Kennett never said anything was because these people where bronze or trade members and he did not want to alienate people who where paying to use the services of his site.
Nope. They take their chances like everyone else!
Quote:
But hey i am glad to see that he has decided to start acting upon these tactics irrespective of the type of member you are.
I hope this site goes from strenghth to strength but unfortuntely i for one will not be posting here very often.
From the other thread: "I do my best, but you can't please all the people all the time". Might get some T-shirts made with that on!

John
__________________

__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2006, 04:05   #23
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverbird
I would just like to put my pennies worth in here.I have recently given up writing anything on this website,even though i do still click on stuff and read peoples post....blah, blah, blah..i for one will not be posting here very often.
For someone who has given up writing on here, you sure have a lot to say for yourself.......
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2006, 04:50   #24
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverbird
I would just like to put my pennies worth in here. etc etc etc
feel free to express your opinions as i am sure you are not alone, it is good to stand up and be counted from time to time

hopefully if you check my posts i have not..

had a go at leeway on his thread, if fact if have said complimentary things about him and wish him every success

pounced on new members trying to ridicule them, only had a bit of fun at codders and choppppppppppywaters, and maybe a couple of others but not many i dont think. Most of my posts are helpful, feel free to analyse them if you want.

the others that i tease and banter with are actually my friends and they give as good back if not worse

you mention an click but not quite true as never met many of the folks on here like jono and jono garton, soon to change this weekend though. mollers by the way is a great chap and now wears a skirt and had the op, walks funny and goes by the name of alice.

dont give up on here as there are not many folks from the usa, feel free to express your opinions......i for one will not be offended in the slightest
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2006, 05:36   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
hopefully if you check my posts i have not..

had a go at leeway on his thread, if fact if have said complimentary things about him and wish him every success

pounced on new members trying to ridicule them, only had a bit of fun at codders and choppppppppppywaters, and maybe a couple of others but not many i dont think. Most of my posts are helpful, feel free to analyse them if you want.
..actually, now Hugh’s mentioned it…I haven’t ever “pounced” on a new member (ooh err missus) either… Perhaps your perception is a little clouded? Check it out.

I certainly admit to having a go at Leeway.. I don’t like liars and that’s that.. he lied on this and I think another forum and didn’t have the sense to retract or apologise. I’m not going to apologise to you for taking that stance. If you find that kind of behaviour acceptable, then it’s more of a reflection on you than me…..

Codders is a different kettle of Haddock altogether… you may be taken in, or even amused, by the amount of “Google” wisdom that comes from him, but I’m not…. I’m sure that he means absolutely no harm, though…

As for the rest of your “opinion” and insults… you can shove ‘em where the Sun don’t shine… or as the “T” shirts says “F***k Off..I’ve got enough Friends”….
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2006, 06:36   #26
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Liverbird is merely expressing in public the sentiments of many of the PMs I have received from others.

He mentioned his feelings quite some time ago - I persuaded him to stick with it. I wonder how many other people have dipped in and then vanished because of all the nastiness???
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2006, 07:05   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Feck’ it… Matt was right all along.. for those who remember his “tag line”…..
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2006, 07:22   #28
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
or as the “T” shirts says “F***k Off..I’ve got enough Friends”….
Just as well by the sounds of things!

Bad weekend eh?

John
__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2006, 07:30   #29
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Length: 3m +
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
......
Bad weekend eh?

John
You know it ! ... but a lot cheaper than if I had come down to the boat... if you know what I mean...
__________________
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2006, 12:31   #30
Now back to being Mollers!
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Arundel
Boat name: Mike Bravo 1
Make: Scorp
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 300
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverbird
.Hugh Jordan Jono & Mullholland and jono garton in my opinion are just like a couple of little kids.They are just waiting for someone to post something wrong or even a simple question which to a newcomer may be a legitimate thing but they all seem to be just waiting to pounce.
Eh Liver-Bird, don't lump me in with with that bunch. I may struggle to take very much seriously, but you won't find me being bullish, offensive or having a pop at new members. Or, poncing for that matter. I had a brief spat one eve which resulted in bans for others involved. I also became slightly aggitated at the lack of hard evidence re. the Codvessel. I agree with you to a degree over the Leeway saga. But as for bullying new members? No way. I don't remember any contributions from yourself, informative or otherwise.
__________________

__________________
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.