Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 28 May 2007, 07:23   #1
RJH
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 169
Holiday in Devon or Cornwall?

Hi all, fed up with being inside getting depressed by the rain and wind so have spent much of the morning looking for some accommodation for a week in either Devon or Cornwall for 11th August. The thought of sunny days and fine beaches cheered us up.

Now even more depressed!!! We know it gets busy particularly in the school holidays but can everywhere decent near the coast really be booked up??

All we want is something probably self-catering, tidy and in a reasonable position within easy reach of some decent beaches - not even fussed as to where it would be but would prefer Cornwall. Anyone got any suggestions.
Thanks
__________________

__________________
RJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 08:01   #2
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH View Post
Now even more depressed!!! We know it gets busy particularly in the school holidays but can everywhere decent near the coast really be booked up??

Yes! will have been booked for months by now, have a look at http://www.chycor.co.uk they're an online directory of lots of accomodation in both Devon and Cornwall. I suspect your looking for a cancellation at this stage, unless you've got a tent of course in which case I may be able to think of somewhere
__________________

__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 08:28   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
Yes! will have been booked for months by now, have a look at http://www.chycor.co.uk they're an online directory of lots of accomodation in both Devon and Cornwall. I suspect your looking for a cancellation at this stage, unless you've got a tent of course in which case I may be able to think of somewhere
Yeah, St.Dennis.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 08:57   #4
RJH
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 169
Thanks guys. I guess you're right, we'll have to get lucky with a cancellation.
__________________
RJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2007, 09:17   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Angel-B
Make: Ex Y boat
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki 9.9HP
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 584
You could try Rural Retreats:

http://www.ruralretreats.co.uk/website/availability.jsp

They do some very nice coastal as well as rural self catering places (and list a few available in Devon for your dates)

or Powells:

http://www.powells.co.uk/

We've rented through both several times and had a great holiday every time.

Cheers

Chris
__________________
chris123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2007, 06:40   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Camping?

K & P
__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2007, 12:50   #7
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH View Post
Hi all, fed up with being inside getting depressed by the rain and wind so have spent much of the morning looking for some accommodation for a week in either Devon or Cornwall for 11th August. The thought of sunny days and fine beaches cheered us up.

Now even more depressed!!! We know it gets busy particularly in the school holidays but can everywhere decent near the coast really be booked up??

All we want is something probably self-catering, tidy and in a reasonable position within easy reach of some decent beaches - not even fussed as to where it would be but would prefer Cornwall. Anyone got any suggestions.
Thanks

If you get down our way then call in and say hi - our kettle works and we might even have a boat to give you a demo on!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2007, 15:00   #8
RJH
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackeens View Post
Camping?

K & P
That thought has been discussed! Having trouble talking the team around but looks like its the best option at this stage. On the other hand we were offered a two bed apartment in Newquay for a week for the small matter of 1100......then again!
__________________
RJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2007, 15:02   #9
RJH
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
If you get down our way then call in and say hi - our kettle works and we might even have a boat to give you a demo on!
Thanks Cookee. If we get down to your patch we'll definitely look you up.
__________________
RJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2007, 17:26   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJH View Post
That thought has been discussed! Having trouble talking the team around but looks like its the best option at this stage. On the other hand we were offered a two bed apartment in Newquay for a week for the small matter of 1100......then again!
Newquay-Falaraki-Newquay.
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.