Old 09 October 2010, 10:45   #1

Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Good deal

I'm selling one of my Avons on ebay and I got an email from this Joker, Tom white is his non de plume

Hello Stuart

Thank you for the update..I'm a marine engineer,presently 'm off-shore your asking 4700 is fair which i will have to make an initial deposit so you can be sure i'm very much interested..i've contacted an agency that will come for the inspection since i'm off-shore and don't know its present condition,then i can send out the balance..I shall be back in 3 weeks,but then my regiment will be deployed to Iraq and I think I'll stay there for a while...Since i am off-shore,the agent charges include to the deposit check and you keep 470(10% of 4700) for the deposit and the balance is for the Inspecting agent you send out so that they can be in your location at your convenience cos they making other vital inspections and deliveries for me..okay
I shall need your Full name,address and Phone #..To make and send it out the check..
You shall get your balance after inspection is completed...I will give you a call once i get onshore like wise the agent so that all arrangement could be intact..The best way to contact me is via email as I'm always running around with things.

Sincerely
Tom
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 October 2010, 11:21   #2
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Mr. White?

So he sends you the "check" for the deposit and the Survey cost, cancels the deal, tells you to keep your deposit and asks you to refund the Survey costs. Eventually his cheque bounces.

Marine Engineer is good 'cos he will have an offshore wages account in Lagos, explaining why he sends you a Nigerian cheque.

I admire 'em. They have more time to spend online than I do