Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 09 March 2007, 15:12   #21
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 525
Thats ok Biggles, I have already been labled the Armchair Chemist (at least I got labled, worse to be ignored or forgotten),
Meanwhile "if it dont coke, then it aint broke"....

I rely on the old combustion test (still used in CSI Labs), burn the sh1t out of it and see.... Blow torch theory, if you are wrong its hard to prove with remaining evidence....
__________________

__________________
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 March 2007, 19:46   #22
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,916
If they can make us believe Global warming is happening because of us then they can tax us for it ,
Naturally occuring ? our emissions maybe slowing things down ? nothing to tax us for
__________________

__________________
ian parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2007, 18:10   #23
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
If they can make us believe Global warming is happening because of us then they can tax us for it ,
Naturally occuring ? our emissions maybe slowing things down ? nothing to tax us for
Er! Ian, they can tax you for anything they like,to qualify, you only need to be born.

Can you just imagine how silly all this would sound if A virus or parasite attacks and kills rice......
How many people in the world need Rice????? Hmmmm, a few anyway.
Alot of these issues seem to reflect the position thatone is viewing them from.
Can you really explain what the CO2 effect is (or supposd to be) to a hungry child...
I do think Ireland will have to pay 278 Million because of our inability to meet our agreed Kyoto targets,,, Its real money. I wonder who gets this money,
__________________
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2007, 19:51   #24
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,916
Well I like rice and am experiencing the Magners effect tonight , so please explain to me , iam pretty gullible cos the missus drove home
__________________
ian parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2007, 14:38   #25
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
If its true that mankind really has had a negligible effect, then what I find scary is the amount of money involed in this. I mean I'm not just talking about research jobs etc. The global warming issues get mixed up with pollution issues a lot cos they seem one and the same, and to some extent they are. Just think about the money the motor & marine industry has spent developing cleaner engine technology for example just to meet targets set by I dont know who for emissions

One things for sure, its good old joe punter who will pay as usual
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2007, 14:53   #26
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Birmingham
Boat name: Darwin
Make: Ribeye 650 Sport
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150HP
MMSI: 235038283
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 183
Send a message via MSN to AndyB007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
When the Met Office can accurately tell me what the weather is going to be like tomorrow, I may start taking climate modelling more seriously. Maybe....
With you on this one!!

If you are a 'non-believer' you might enjoy 'State of Fear' by Michael Crichton which puts another angle on the whole global warming issue (as well as challenging some of the basic precepts). It might be just a story but it's compelling in the Da Vinci Code ‘is-it-isn't-it’ mould!

Andy
__________________
AndyB007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2007, 16:25   #27
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 150
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
When the Met Office can accurately tell me what the weather is going to be like tomorrow, I may start taking climate modelling more seriously. Maybe....
Agreed . "Work on your five day forecast first chaps..."
__________________
A Boat is a hole in the water, surrounded by fibreglass, into which you throw money...

Sent from my Computer, using a keyboard and mouse
BogMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2007, 18:16   #28
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
Well I like rice and am experiencing the Magners effect tonight , so please explain to me , iam pretty gullible cos the missus drove home
HiIan, I am just thinking that they do like to have something to talk about.
However if something like a Rice Crop crashes worldwide, or a world wide pandemic, then this bullshit will go away for a while... that is unless the Tabloids start writing about Wayne Rooney of Man Utd ankle or similar..
__________________
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 March 2007, 18:47   #29
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
HiIan, I am just thinking that they do like to have something to talk about.
However if something like a Rice Crop crashes worldwide, or a world wide pandemic, then this bullshit will go away for a while... that is unless the Tabloids start writing about Wayne Rooney of Man Utd ankle or similar..

Ahh now i understand , I agree .

Imagine curry with no rice ,
__________________
ian parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2007, 17:18   #30
Member
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
Ahh now i understand , I agree .

Imagine curry with no rice ,
I am seeing Curry with Potatoes, Chips Yum Yum, I will also use bread and failing everything else, Pasta or Fingers!!!!!
__________________

__________________
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.