Old 25 June 2005, 13:33   #11
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Just be greatfull it wasn't a box jelyfish or sea wasp

Seriously deadly.

As a kid growing up by the Red Sea there were all sorts of dodgy things around - sharks we never worried about - the water was too warm - it was the stonfish - scorpion fish and even some of the sea shells we had to watch.

Never bothered me as a kid - was always sneaking off to go snorkelling - even as young as 5 or 6 - parents not amused!!!

codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2005, 15:25   #12
Town: Brittany
Length: no boat
This was posted on the YBW forum a little while ago:

Reminds me of an incedent with SWMBO a couple of years back. We were anchored off the Porquerolles islands in Med when we noticed loads of jellyfish in the water. SWMBO being of an enquiring and stupid mind starts fishing them out of the water with a boat hook and dumping them on the bathing platform for a closer look much against my better judgement. Anyway she finishes disecting them and shoves them back in the water
One day later, we're anchored in another bay and she decides to sit on the bathing platform with her legs in the water. After a couple of minutes, she suddenly jumps up shouting and bawling complaining that her arse is on fire. I immediately twigged that there must have been the residue from jellyfish sting left on the bathing platform. Laugh, I nearly wet myself. Spent the rest of the day administering TCP to her backside
Moral of the story. If you're in the habit of hoiking jelly fish out of the water onto your bathing platform, make sure you thoroughly clean it afterwards

Nick Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2005, 16:23   #13
Town: scotland
Boat name: Leviathan
Make: Phantom
Length: 8m +
Engine: GM Diesels
Originally Posted by Brian
Met a couple of gays on a Greek island who had been stung by jellyfish. Told them to bathe the sting in a weak solution of ammonia.....the nearest source being human urine. You should have heard the squeals of delight and anticipation......

And how is Manos?

Jonny Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote