exspyrd trayd membir

Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutsina911
I joined up to shag girls
fuk mee i bett yew ad a bitt ov a shokk wen yew discuvverd wot reely appens inn de androo.

eny waiys wot abowt dem iselandick bastuds. wan ov dems plannin too nikk ower codd an lobstirs inn a bote disgyzed az a spawtsbote.

gArf
Old 31 March 2006, 19:58   #42

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
Quote:
IF you can still find them, there used to be a weighted paravane available which would dive to a set depth then when a fish bites it'd shoot up to the surface. IF you see one for sale then grab it-these are the laziest way of fishing I've ever used. Unfortunately the line broke on the one I had as a kid and it's on the bottom of Poole bay somewhere

Looks like i had better get me one quick , I gave my old one away
Old 01 April 2006, 21:34   #43

Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Went out today - armed with flying collar rig and jelly worms - to fish some of the wrecks a few miles out from falmouth.

By the time I got to black rock i was being pummelled by a fierce force 6 with gale 8 gusts and we were soaked - so I abandoned my wreck fishing expedition for a calmer day.

What pisses me off is I checked the weather on metcheck before i left and the forecast was 18mph - how can they get the forecast so wrong for just a few hours ahead.

I was hoping to post some pictures of my catch
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2006, 21:46   #44

Roy had the same thing happen to me . It was pretty big off penlee pint today and pretty lumpy in parts of plymouth sound .
I took a mate with me and he asked to go in before we had any fun . He was scared to sit on the tubes incase he fell off and was kneeling on the floor getting bounced badly .

Forecast I got said mid 20mph winds but nothing like it was out there .

But you make me feel happier because my mate rude about my boat and said it should stay on a lake if the ride was so rough . Lightwieght .
Old 01 April 2006, 22:03   #45

kneeling on the floor part of the fun - no in fact - all of the fun of a smaller boat is taking them out in the rough. Some of my best boating memories were as a kid in a metzeler sib with a 15hp on the back playing in the surf that breaks over the rocks against the peer on portreath beach (thinking back - I'm glad we didn't capsize) being a reef break you could get in as close to the waves as you dared then when it got too dodgy just peel away into the deeper water. The surfers there used to hate us harassing them.

It wasn't so much the ride today that was bad - I was only going about 15ish knots - it was the soaking we got from the plumes of white foam being blown every time the wind gusted up.

After I abandoned the fishing we just headed back into carrick roads for a blast around and I got airborne off of the backs of the waves a few times at 35+ knots running down wind.

Spent quite a while looking for fish on the fish finder in carrick roads but there didn't seem to be anything anywhere.

Found a pair of divers who had surfaced over half a mile from the dive boat (the skipper of which must have been asleep or something as they had a surface marker and i had to go over and tell him where his divers where). I asked them if there was much in the way of fish down there and they said just a few dog fish (whats the technique for catching them - and what do they taste like)
Old 01 April 2006, 23:02   #46

Roy Portreath pier You nutter !! Hey was looking at he inner harbour could you launch there , I guess the sib would launch .

Dogfish is a pretty general term for this sort of fish . they are often sold as Huss and rock salmon and are good eating . There are a few different types some have a spur on the dorsal fin called a spurdog others have a smooth skin and bull huss have rough sandpaper like skin .
I think this time of year you will catch them near to the bottom with worm of makeral strips . they get quite big and some fishermen use a wire trace .
Old 02 April 2006, 08:39   #47
Now back to being Mollers!

Town: Arundel
Boat name: Mike Bravo 1
Make: Scorp
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 300
As we are staying in Cornwall this weekend, I parked up on Pendennis Point yesterday pm to check whether Voyager was out. Only saw a large sailing cat motoring about off St. Mawes, a largish inboard Rib trimmed ot too far and dropping off the top of the waves and the Orca Seasafari boat which was well loaded for the sea conditions and time of year. It's nice that he appears to be doing good business. Managed to grab a couple of Paravanes in Tragos @ £4.85 each.
Old 02 April 2006, 09:29   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes
Roy Portreath pier You nutter !! Hey was looking at he inner harbour could you launch there , I guess the sib would launch .
The slip is very steep and badly maintained at portreath - and they seem to have put a barrier up in the last couple of years. Ive no idea who you need to talk to to get the barrier unlocked.
Old 02 April 2006, 09:56   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
As we are staying in Cornwall this weekend, I parked up on Pendennis Point yesterday pm to check whether Voyager was out. Only saw a large sailing cat motoring about off St. Mawes, a largish inboard Rib trimmed ot too far and dropping off the top of the waves and the Orca Seasafari boat which was well loaded for the sea conditions and time of year. It's nice that he appears to be doing good business. Managed to grab a couple of Paravanes in Tragos @ £4.85 each.
We were tucked in up by turnaware by the afternoon.

There was a massive 28ft Marlin with twin Suzuki 250s that was launched from Mylor in the afternoon did you see that - i only saw it with the cover on - and when we got back it was gone.
Old 02 April 2006, 09:58   #50

Paravanes in Trago isn't that sods law . They have had nothing for weeks , and as soon as I pay £9.95 inc postage on E bay Trago have some .
Old 02 April 2006, 09:59   #51

Also - Falmouth are now charging £5 for a short stay on the pontoons where the fuel is just down from the chain locker. What a rip off. I remember it used to only be a couple of quid a few years ago.

Is there an alternative place to moor your boat when visiting falmouth for lunch?