Originally Posted by tinker
, Get a spark to check your external loop impedance, sounds like it could be a very low value, do you live near to the distribution transformer?
You also need to check your lighting protection as this fuse should have blown before the main breaker to the whole board went out. This could also be down to your external loop impedance value.
Any questions, please don't ask.
ARE YOU REALLY A QUALIFIED SPARK
and to think i am not allowed to wire my house because i am a scientist therefore not competent
All thats happening is cheap bulbs dont have a fuse in the cap. they are also gas filled not vacuum lamps.
When the filament fails a gas and metal vapour(tungsten and molybdenum from the filament and supports) plasma is formed across the filament this plasma has a very low resistance (practically none) so a large current flows, this rapidly expands the gas fill in the lamp causing it to explode.
the only way to prevent this is to fit an individual fuse in each lamp cap(used to be std practice), or go back to vacuum lamps. they dont explode but still blow the fuses if no breaker is fitted.
unfortunately in compact lamps there either isnt room, or manufacturers in the far east dont bother fitting them.
theres a wealth of info on the net, even a slow mo video of the internals of a bulb as it happens!