Old 03 May 2008, 10:23   #1

Town: Poole
Length: no boat
Emergence-SKI (UK PWC Circumnavigation in aid of ChildLine)

Hi, I am one of the two riders attempting to circumnavigate the UK on a PWC in order to raise awareness and funds for ChildLine. We start from Poole on Sunday June 29th and return to Poole on Sat 12th July 2008....with any luck! Tracy Edwards MBE, as a supporter of ChildLine and Child Exploitation and Online Protection, is backing our campaign and is planning to catch up with us en route. We are being joined on our adventure by Barnaby Bear (National Curriculum - Key Stages 1-3) to enable us to promote our event through UK schools and in addition promote Sea Safety and Internet Safety. We have a fulltime cameraman on board to document the trip and to promote national awareness.

Please check out our website and any offers of donations, sponsorship and / or support would be most welcome. (The children of Dorchester Middle School, Dorset have organised a non uniform day to raise funds...how about doing a similar "thing" at your place of work...the mind boggles! Why not consider doing this on Friday 11th July when we hope to have a number of associated events occuring.)

We are a bunch of emergency services staff just doing something a bit different on this year's annual leave to make a difference.

Thanks
Jo
07500 816278 (Team mobile)
jotearall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2008, 12:36   #2

Town: cookoo land
Boat name: tba
Make: ribcraft 595
Length: under 3m
Engine: Suzi 140
This sounds familiar!? I think I heard about a similar event called Wet Way Under or something like that. Is it the same thing? In any case, good on ya and I'll try and get out there to cheer you on.
Old 03 May 2008, 18:57   #3

Town: cookoo land
Boat name: tba
Make: ribcraft 595
Length: under 3m
Engine: Suzi 140
I meant to ask.........what kind of safety boats are you using? Nice big RhIBs I hope!