Old 31 March 2009, 10:07   #11

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
They are totally ruining Ebay. What they seem to have forgotten is that most "innocent" buyers also happen to be sellers. Also they hold onto your money for 21 days unless you get good feedback - many don't bother so they have you money to play with for 3 weeks.

The worst thing is that sellers can't leave bad feedback for buyers. I never used to have trouble but recently I have had about 10 buyers who clicked on buy it now but never paid me. Oh we made a mistake they all say - absolute crap. After a bit of hassle you can get your fees refunded but I wonder how many other people they do it to. Under the original system I could have left them negative feedback and other people wouldn't deal with them.

If you paid for postal insurance then just claim on that.

He may have broken it in all innocence. My mate just blew up his mio pda - it was a great bit of kit - cost 250. When I borrowed his car it fried my USB charger - something drastically wrong with the 12v socket - maybe wrong polarity?

Old 31 March 2009, 13:36   #12

Boat name: Seashell
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Inboard diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
They are totally ruining Ebay. What they seem to have forgotten is that most "innocent" buyers also happen to be sellers. Also they hold onto your money for 21 days unless you get good feedback - many don't bother so they have you money to play with for 3 weeks.
How do you mean? If someone pays me by Paypal I can transfer the money and its in my bank account 5 days later (although I still think 5 days is too long)

Quote:
The worst thing is that sellers can't leave bad feedback for buyers. I never used to have trouble but recently I have had about 10 buyers who clicked on buy it now but never paid me. Oh we made a mistake they all say - absolute crap. After a bit of hassle you can get your fees refunded but I wonder how many other people they do it to. Under the original system I could have left them negative feedback and other people wouldn't deal with them.
Totally agree - it's happened to me a lot more since they changed the system. I've had it all, "my kid bid on it for me" etc. The best was a foreign chap (from Kent) who bought a van from me "I can't come the weather is too bad". Its a pain for vehicles and boats and the listing fee is 7!

Old 31 March 2009, 14:30   #13

Town: Essex/Vendee
Boat name: shockwave,Voluntry 2
Make: Pac 22/ searider5.4
Length: 6m +
Engine: 180hp turbo,yam 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post

If you paid for postal insurance then just claim on that.

He may have broken it in all innocence. My mate just blew up his mio pda - it was a great bit of kit - cost 250. When I borrowed his car it fried my USB charger - something drastically wrong with the 12v socket - maybe wrong polarity?
The only way as a seller to leave bad feedback is how you word your comments.instead of say good feller.Say hes two faced lier,Get my drift
Old 31 March 2009, 17:48   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
How do you mean? If someone pays me by Paypal I can transfer the money and its in my bank account 5 days later (although I still think 5 days is too long)

Totally agree - it's happened to me a lot more since they changed the system. I've had it all, "my kid bid on it for me" etc. The best was a foreign chap (from Kent) who bought a van from me "I can't come the weather is too bad". Its a pain for vehicles and boats and the listing fee is 7!
It is happen a lot now - and seemingly at random - I can sell a marine gearbox to Estonia for 500 and get paid immediately - then sell something for 25 and it's pending.

Recently I looked at my PayPal account and I had 125 cleared and 450 pending. IF they leave feedback the money will clear straight away but if not it takes 21 days.

I have 100% positive feedback and have had my account for over 4 years.
Old 31 March 2009, 18:14   #15

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Length: 5m +
Engine: none
MMSI: none
I have been buying and selling on ebay for years with little hassle and very very few issues either way till recently.
I have now been forced to use paypal and it sucks. I sold a new cylinder head today for 300 and had to refund the money as I couldn't take it out of paypal. I need to set up a direct debit to paypal to get it and there is no way on earth I am setting this up to a company you can't contact plus why should I, they already have the bank account details!
I have around +800 feedback and have had enough, the latest changes mean I think it is time to stop using it and look for an alternative, even if its back to Exchange and Mart.

The only real hassle I have ever had was selling something secondhand for a couple of hundred quid which the guy knackered the third time he used it (he actually told me this in his compliant) and wanted a full refund including postage. After telling him to get lost and being threatened a bit he went away, eventually! I mean imagine breaking something, admitting it and then expecting all your money back including postage costs!
Old 31 March 2009, 18:19   #16
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterR View Post
The only way as a seller to leave bad feedback is how you word your comments.instead of say good feller.Say hes two faced lier,Get my drift
Ebay will remove feedback like that on request of the recipient.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 April 2009, 17:54   #17

Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15
Put yourself in his position if you had received goods that didn't work you would be hopping mad and probably not pay anything, from his point of view you could be a blagger (I'm sure you are not) Therefore get him to return it and refund him in full for the amount involved 120/140 the neg feed back isn't worth it then you can at least find out if he is lying and if so leave him neg feedback you will probably waste more time on this T***er than re selling it
Old 01 April 2009, 19:49   #18

Town: montrose
Boat name: rib tickler
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150hp Optimax V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bolton View Post
if so leave him neg feedback
You cannot leave buyers negative feedback anymore.
Old 02 April 2009, 18:19   #19

Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
You cannot leave buyers negative feedback anymore.
Hmmmmmmmmm that's a pity
Old 02 April 2009, 19:16   #20

Yes it is because all of a sudden I get people buying stuff off me - then not bothering to pay - which stops other people buying until I relist!!! It never used to happen - now the customers can do as they please!!!