Boat name: Beretta
Make: Ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: 175hp e-tec
MMSI: 235035778
RIBase
Dontation/Sponsorship Help

Evening,

I hope you don't mind me posting this - I know this day and age everyone is keeping the purse strings tight, especially at this time of year. Not many can afford to donate to charity, and if you are lucky enough to have any spare money available for charity then the list of options is massive, with lot of charity's close to peoples hearts - but I wanted to ask for help.

I am involved helping out with a little sailing charity - Blind Sailing - and due to a really busy 2014 season, and the charity and sailors wanting to build on this for the 2015 season they are looking for more help to ensure the success of the 2015 season.

The money donated is used to support the blind sailors with training weekends across the UK from beginner to advanced levels, and to make the sport accessible to all.

The team have massive success both at National and international levels at both Fleet at Match racing events.

If you want to know more on the charity please browse the website, or ask anything below.

Thank you for your time reading this..

Some short testimonials from some of our sailors;

Sharon Sight Category B1 – Blind Sailing has given me the opportunity to take part in an active and exciting sport with the camaraderie of a group of enthusiastic sailors, who, like me happen to be partially sighted or blind. I have learnt so much from training and from the other sailors, and always look forward to the next weekend. I enjoy the competitive buzz of racing too and improving my sailing for the next event gives me a goal to work towards.

Eddie Sight Category B1, total deaf - I feel that Blind Sailing has given me much more confidence in myself both on and off the water. It’s also fantastic to see younger sailors grow and develop into people. If I’d had more support from groups like Blind Sailing when I was their age it would have been fantastic.

Liam Sight Category B3 - I was given my first sailing opportunity with Blind Sailing in my last year at Worcester College for the Blind. Blind Sailing raised funds to enable 16 under 25 years of age to get a feel for racing. Since that weekend I have continued to train and race with Blind Sailing. The charity has helped me in so many ways and with starting Uni last year the confidence I had built with Blind Sailing made this step a smaller step to take. I have also this year so far won two Golds competing with Blind Sailing.

Lucy Sight Category B2 – I started sailing at the age of 17 with Blind Sailing. At that time I would never have dreamed what I have now achieved let alone have the skills to run and progress the Charity to what it is today. Being visually impaired can be a battle in everyday life getting from A to B but sailing enables me to feel free and race and train with friends. Blind Sailing is now I hope giving this to others.
https://www.facebook.com/rib.beretta/
SteveHall is offline   Reply With Quote