Old 12 January 2003, 18:07   #51

Town: Blackpool
Boat name: To Exi
Make: new sib 4 man
Length: 8+ft
Engine: Mariner 4hp long shaft
He feels strongly about things ,therefore he acts on them like all of us!.

JK does a great job at times but he Im sure will admit he aint right all the time.Who is exept for me. Matt if you met Flanker you couldnt meet a nicer guy.

All this mumbo jumbo about Flanker is a figment of our vivid imaginations.

Please ask him to come back,and if it makes anybody feel better tell him off as well,then give him a public bollocking,and the some lines if its required.

Come back Flanker we need people like you.

Old 12 January 2003, 18:10   #52

the big guns are here.

Well Narked I put it diplomatickly for ya, but Dirk aint known for his diplomacee.

Old 12 January 2003, 18:26   #53

Town: Aberystwyth
Boat name: Undecided
Make: Undecided
Length: Undecided
Engine: Undecided
Dirk, I am in the process of buying a SIB, and I use RIBs when I go out diving. Flanker was in the process of buying a RIB when he first joined the forum. Also, I was being somewhat sarcastic there, I would have thought that maybe the winking smilie would have made that obvious. Obviously not, so in future I will strive make my sarcasm more obvious. I have also said that he does make some good points.

I'm here to learn about getting into SIBs and RIBs, and to offer help to others on any topics I already know about. I am buying my boat from someone on this forum, and I have nothing but respect for almost every user of this forum. I don't think of Flanker as a bad person, even the best people I know occasionally rub people up the wrong way. As I've stated before, Flanker has been suspended because he is making the same mistakes he has been warned about before, it's not like John suddenly kicked him off for no reason.

Matt (bet you were expecting a childish reply there eh?) Brown
Old 12 January 2003, 18:30   #54

Matt be honest which post did you find offensive?Of Flankers
Old 12 January 2003, 18:34   #55

There is one somewhere where he posts what he would have said as "old Flanker" and also what the "new Flanker" would say that I found somewhat offensive. Apart from that, I wouldn't say I find any of his posts offensive, it's nearer to annoying.

If he is allowed back, I'll give him a chance. And he's also welcome on my boat at any of the meetings, as are any of you.

Matt
Old 12 January 2003, 18:36   #56

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Matt, I couldn't have put it better myself. Once again, your writing and reasoning skills exceeds mine by far - I reckon you're going to be wasted as a Navy Diver!

Now Mr Diggler, Matt aka Narked is an experienced diver and RIB driver, and I'd be happy in his company at sea. Flanker however, I would be very wary of (on his own admission!). Matt, like me, doesn't own a RIB, but has put the hours in at sea. Flanker needs to get out ther and do it. You can only learn so much be reading and talking!

Now, Crazyhorse, I should add that when Mr Burns wound everyone up and called family RIB owners "irresponsible idiots" (or something like that - can't check as most of the insulting posts have been deleted) he then went on to the Motor Boat Chat forum on ybw.com and suggested that everyone have look here as there was a "hell of a fight" going on. You can check that out as those posts are still there. Now, I reckon that labels him as a bit of a stirrer, don't you? And hardly very respectful of people who he claims are his friends.

Anyway - the public "bollickings" are a good idea (that's why I got in the habit of doing it lately!)
Old 12 January 2003, 18:49   #57

Peper and narked,

I dont believe either of you rely want Flanker banning off this site.

If somebody is starting out, Im sure both of you would want to help them.

If I told you that Flanker has just bought Rib.net and decided to ban you both for being daft and makeing iresponsible posts how would you both feel?.

You have not put up any reasonable argument over him being banned in my opinion.

If you feel you have been dealt with badley then you tell people,thats life.

Unconvinced Crazyhorse
Old 12 January 2003, 18:51   #58

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Quote:
Originally posted by crazyhorse
Peper and narked, I dont believe either of you rely want Flanker banning off this site.
- did I ever say I wanted him banned?

(And Matt just said "he could understand why" he was banned)...
Old 12 January 2003, 18:56   #59

Crazyhorse, tell me, have I, or have I not, said I have no problem with Flanker being permitted to return to this site?
As Pepper has said, Flanker was first banned for a bloody good reason. He was making comments that were getting everyone annoyed. Basically he was calling a lot of members bad parents because they took their kids out on RIBs. He showed a lack of knowledge about how safe RIBs really are. He was offensive. He was permitted to return, and I had no problems with this. These posts have since been deleted as they had absolutely nothing to offer the RIB community.
His current suspension occured whilst I was away with no computer access. I do not know the exact reasoning behind it, but from previous experiences of John stepping in, I know he only does it when needed, and whether you accept it or not, it's for the good of RIBnet.

As I have now said a number of times, if/when Flanker returns, I'll give him a third chance. I will not treat him unfairly, he can start over. If he truly does get it right this time, then I'll forget that he ever got anyone worked up here.

Matt
Old 12 January 2003, 18:58   #60

Ok peper,

Ya saying you wish he wasnt banned or dont care.Which one? Or want him banned?