Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Other stuff
Click Here to Login

Old 12 January 2003, 23:04   #61

Town: Blackpool
Boat name: To Exi
Make: new sib 4 man
Length: 8+ft
Engine: Mariner 4hp long shaft
Ok Narked I will asume by your last post you want Flanker back as you have no othere reason to want him banned than JK banned him for somthing you proberbly wouldnt of agreed with if you had read it,but you didnt as you had no computer at the time Yes.

So Narked wants Flanker Back ,Provisionaly? Yes
Old 12 January 2003, 23:06   #62

Town: Aberystwyth
Boat name: Undecided
Make: Undecided
Length: Undecided
Engine: Undecided
What he wants doesn't matter. What Pepper has been saying is that originally Flanker was banned for a bloody good reason. This also happened before you joined this forum, which will be why you don't share the same opinion as many other members of the forums here.

Overall, whether any of us want him banned or not doesn't matter, it's not our decision. It's John's, and I'm perfectly happy with whatever choice he makes.

Matt
Old 12 January 2003, 23:09   #63

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Slow down, guys, I can't type that fast!!!
Old 12 January 2003, 23:14   #64

Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Hey, here's a thought. Maybe Flanker and Narked are the same person. After all, look at the similarities.

1: one is ex forces, the other is soon to be.
2: they both DON'T own rib's.

Hmm, I smell a rat here.
Old 12 January 2003, 23:17   #65

Matt this thread is called dont ban Flanker and you have agreed that your computer wasnt working at the time so you cant comment on something you didnt read.

You have admitted that in you last post.So based on this then you have to admit that you dont personaly want Flanker banning?

And as pepper have - did I ever say I wanted him banned? Threfore you both dont want Flanker Banning?

Thats good news for Flanker, and your both saying that you will run with JK final decision or do you feel so strongly about this that you would go against the big man himself ?
Old 12 January 2003, 23:17   #66

I can assure you, we are not the same person. There are people here who know this for a fact. However, if you choose not to believe it, so be it, it's your choice.

Matt
Old 12 January 2003, 23:17   #67

It's not my battle, and I've learnt that people are big enough and ugly enough to fight their own battles. As Matt has said, this is a 100% dictatorship. I'm happy with that, as it happens, and the ban is an issue between JK and Flanker. I know that there are many and varied opinions over whether people would like to see more posts from Flanker, and I do in fact err towards the "would like to see" because I've had a few giggles, and understand that it's only words. Unfortunately some people who I regard as friends have become offended by his posts, and natrually I feel a great deal of loyalty to them. Yes - people who are starting out in this past-time deserve lots os support. I've recieved lots, and have been similarly prepared to (and have) passed this on to people like Flanker. But when he directly insults/annoys/winds up the people who originally helped me it leaved an unpleasant taste. Yeah, I'm contrary, but nothing's black and white. When all's said and done, Flanker needs to appease JK - he's head honcho here, and more experienced in both RIBs and running forums than I'll ever be.
Old 12 January 2003, 23:18   #68

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirk Diggler
Hmm, I smell a rat here.
- "Who smelt it dealt it!"
Old 12 January 2003, 23:23   #69

Flanker is a good family man and I am not sure what post you are refering to with regardes Familys and ribs,he is saftey concious to the extreme,as most who just start out.

So we all in a greement then lets not ban Flanker.
Old 12 January 2003, 23:23   #70

Crazyhorse, I honestly don't care either way. I can cope well enough with or without Flanker's posts. Yes, some of them are amusing, some are somewhat annoying, so they balance, hence I am happy with JK's decisions. If I fealt he had no reason to ban him, I would say "John, for crying out loud unban him!". If I fealt he really should be banned, I'd say "John, for crying out loud don't ever let that idiot back!". As it stands, I'm sat on the fence.

Dirk, so what, I don't OWN a RIB. I use them plenty though. If I could afford to buy and run a RIB, I would have one, but as it happens, there aren't many students my age who can get the funds to do so. So instead I have to make do with getting as much use of the dive club's RIB as possible, and that has at least given me some experience.

Matt
Old 12 January 2003, 23:27   #71

Quote:
Originally posted by crazyhorse
I am not sure what post you are refering to with regardes Familys and ribs
Crazyhorse, that's because JK deleted tham as they were insulting, and caused much offense to people. It was a regrettable experience and best forgotten.
Old 12 January 2003, 23:45   #72

Quote:
So we all in a greement then lets not ban Flanker.
I've got too much respect for JK to say that - that's John's decision. OK - I enjoy having a giggle, and as we've said the "bollickings" are funny, but JK has a legal responsibility (to himself) to ensure that there's nothing slanderous posted here (Flanker's had to be warned on this count) and I guess that JK would like to retain the credibility and respect of both the boating and RIB communities by providing relevant and interesting content here. And of course there's advertising revenue (well, these computers don't run themselves for free! - there's always a consultant like me around the corner trying to charge for something!) - and to attract advertisers, the forum needs to remain focussed and not be an irrelevant bitching page.

And on that note, I'm going to cease my on-line opinionated thoughts as I'm costing JK too much in disk space. Sorry, John. N'night all, great fun as always. But not as good as RIBing!
Old 12 January 2003, 23:47   #73

Narked we can all cope with or without each others posts.

One day it might be you thats treated badly and then your going to want somebody who will stand up for you.

I hope it doesnt happen to you but who said society was fair.

Your dont care either way that attitude donst impress me, as Flanker has done you no harm.

Pepper has explained that he/she has stood bye her loyalties to her friends,and would not be offended if Flanker came back.

So thats my last word on this tonight.

Come back Flanker you have no case to answer.
Old 12 January 2003, 23:55   #74

You don't like my attitude? Fair enough. Personally I think I've made it perfectly clear why I have the opinion I do on this matter. I find it a perfectly acceptable opinion, and do not see how it is in any way wrong. If I am ever treated like this because I have had the attitude that Flanker has had, then I will accept the treatment as frankly I'd deserve it. I wouldn't expect anyone to "stand up for me".

You seem quite happy to moan at me for not caring one way or the other, but you are adamant that he is permitted to return, yet you haven't seen why he was banned the first time. Had you been around at the time, maybe now you wouldn't be so sure, maybe you would. The fact is, he was on his second chance, and he obviously blew it. I have made this clear numerous times, but you seem to be ignoring it.

And this is my last post on the matter. I'm not going to waste any more of my time on this thread trying to convince you of anything. If you don't figure out what I'm trying to say now, you never will.

Matt
Old 12 January 2003, 23:56   #75

Now look here, Mr Crazy Horse (or indeed Mrs Crazy Horse?), I gotta get to bed! So give Matt a break
Anyway, what's all this he/she business? Now let's check....
...yep, definitely he.
I can sleep easy now!
Old 13 January 2003, 00:08   #76

Go to sleep pepper,

Matt you are wrong yet again,I have a transcript of what you alledge Mr Flanker said and you have misrepresented him.

I was around at the time,just not posting.You have tried to make Flanker out as haveing a real bad problem and attitude this is not correct .I have asked you for proof,untill you provide it then all the moaning in the world will not convince me that you base your oppinions on fact,rather than hearsay.

You are acting like a Ena sharples in coronation street.

Just Saying what you think people want to hear.

Good night and lets not fall out.

Crazyhorse.

ps Pepper wasnt sure about the Gender appologise.

Old 13 January 2003, 00:52   #77

Quote:
Good night and lets not fall out.
Well, exactly. Now look, IMHO you have been a little mean to Narked, I think he's just being neutral. Nothing wrong with that, it's basically my stance too. We're in danger of losing sight of the objective here - making friends and sharing RIB info, not winding each other up. Right, that's really, really enough!!! Now keep us posted about your cabin RIB stuff Crazyhorse, that's what we want to hear about.
Old 13 January 2003, 05:20   #78

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Re: Narked

Quote:
Quote.
Perhaps you should wait till you own a boat before making any more comments like that.
Perhaps???
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2003, 05:37   #79

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Quote:
Hmm, I smell a rat here.
I would say those who live in galss houses should not through stones Dirk!!
Remeber BOATMAD??? Had a look @ it and I'm not pleased to say the least!!
Manos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2003, 06:45   #80

Town: Poole
Length: no boat
If Flanker wants to come back, and I understand that JK as left the door open, then let him.

If he doesn’t, and that seems the case, why bother talking about him. I thought this was a rib forum not the Oxford debating society ?

I think as Flanker once said “Life’s to short” ! ( I’m sure I’m totally misquoting, but it sounds good ! )

Anyway that’s all I have to say and don’t intend to respond to any replies unless they are RIB related in which case, that is why I’m here

Happy New Year and Good Health to All

Mark