Town: San Carlos, Mexico
Boat name: INDE
Make: LOMAC 730
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200 Merc.
MMSI: Please press 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Limey Linda
Dolphin massacre in Japan

Please send this to anyone you know and request they never buy a Jap product again. I had to turn it off it made me so sick. http://www.glumbert.com/media/dolphin
Sad day for me.
Tony
Old 29 September 2006, 16:49   #2

Town: Marlborough
Boat name: Loujescha
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yamaha 315 Diesel
Send a message via MSN to RARA
I have never been so disgusted. I am lost for words. So, so horrible.
Old 29 September 2006, 16:51   #3

Help, Help, Help

Please pass this on to everyone in you address book and in particular to other boards. LET'S ALL STOP BUYING JAP PRODUCTS !!!!!!!!
Tony
PS. Please take the time to send it to your MP.
Old 29 September 2006, 17:00   #4
RIBnet supporter

Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
That is horrendous, what w*****s, lost for words, so in-humane. Very very sad.
Old 29 September 2006, 20:51   #5

Town: West Sussex
Make: zodiac
Length: 6m +
Engine: suzuki 115
What is a matter with these bloody people,20 secs of that was enough for me,cruel b#####ds
Old 29 September 2006, 20:56   #6

Editing of "subject" noted, presumably by JK. Not sure this is the appropriate time to be PC. However, it is your forum.
Old 29 September 2006, 22:10   #7
mdt

Town: fife
Make: Humber / searider
Length: 5m +
MMSI: ... - - - ...
That is the most horrid thing I have seen… and I did not watch all of it. what ever happened to humane killing.

I have no problem with killing animals but there is no need for cold blooded cruelty like that…

Totally sick
Old 29 September 2006, 22:26   #8

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Not going to watch it - would upset me too much - just like watching poor bloody kids in hospitals around the world - dare I mention Iraq??? No better not....
Old 29 September 2006, 22:47   #9

Town: Fareham
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Not going to watch it - would upset me too much - just like watching poor bloody kids in hospitals around the world - dare I mention Iraq??? No better not....
I think you should watch these things. Shows everyone how bad some Human's/cultures (if you choose to call them that) can be.

Sick and uncalled for these days!

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Old 29 September 2006, 23:02   #10

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
Old 29 September 2006, 23:17   #11

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower
I think you should watch these things. Shows everyone how bad some Human's/cultures (if you choose to call them that) can be.

Sick and uncalled for these days!
I haven't heard anyone call for a ban on Canadian products becuase of the seal cubs being clubbed to death - there are plenty of countries that do just as terrible things - sometimes even worse.
Old 29 September 2006, 23:41   #12

Hi Codders

Poor comparison with seal cubs in Canada. . A quick whack on the head is used by many cultures/countries and is humane relatively speaking. Dragging a live Dolfin behind a truck is a whole different matter. Remember that cows, horses, pigs etc. have very small brains. Dolfins have ones that may be larger than yours or mine. Have you watched it yet????
Regards.
Old 29 September 2006, 23:41   #13

You can't get any worse than being inhumane though. I appreciate other cultures and there ways, as someting that is perfectly natural to them might upset others. But there is a limit and suffering and crulty sould be outlawed World Wide.

As for Fishermen killing Seals....... Surely good fishing managment would sustain fish stocks and not the killing of 3rd party animals like Seals.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Old 29 September 2006, 23:47   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey Linda
Hi Codders

Remember that cows, horses, pigs etc. have very small brains. Dolfins have ones that may be larger than yours or mine. Have you watched it yet????
Regards.
Brain size and intelligence souldn't come into it. Suffering is suffering and crulty is just that. I know where your comming from though!

The killing of Seals though...It's not really nessesary is it? It's only to stop them eating fish (Salmon) stocks, isn't it?

Looks Slow but is Fast
Old 30 September 2006, 00:02   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower
Brain size and intelligence souldn't come into it. Suffering is suffering and cruelty is just that. I know where your coming from though!

The killing of Seals though...It's not really necessary is it? It's only to stop them eating fish (Salmon) stocks, isn't it?
No, it is not done stop them eating fish. Salmon come back up major unfrozen estuary's to spawn not generally in hard ice/seal areas. Most, maybe 90%, of commercial fishing is done out at sea, primarily Pacific side. Only sports fishing is done in estuary's and rivers and is extremely tightly controlled. Unfortunatley the reason for harvesting baby seals is for their pelts.

I am a hunter and a fisherman and not an extreme green or tree hugger. However, I do believe "eat what you kill" and do it properly.
Old 30 September 2006, 00:08   #16

Quote:

I am a hunter and a fisherman and not an extreme green or tree hugger. However, I do believe "eat what you kill" and do it properly.
I'm not a hardened environmentalist (spelling) either! For Seal Pelts! Well that's just as bad!

Looks Slow but is Fast
Old 30 September 2006, 07:16   #17
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Editing of "subject" noted, presumably by JK. Not sure this is the appropriate time to be PC. However, it is your forum.
It's vey simple. Racist abuse will not be tolerated here.

John
Old 30 September 2006, 10:19   #18
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Remember that cows, horses, pigs etc. have very small brains. Dolfins have ones that may be larger than yours or mine.
Regards.
mmm... animal brain sizes are commonly referred to in weights in which case a bottle nose dolphin is as you suggest marginally larger than a human brain. http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/facts.html

but justifying barbaric killing of an animal on the grounds of its brain size is completely bizzare. Look at the link above - that would make killing a new born baby more acceptable than killing a cow! And killing your pet dog or cat more acceptable than a sheep!

I think you have to accept that people, rightly or wrongly, have an emotional attachment to some animals more than others. Generally it is the cute ones, the ones that do tricks or appear to show intelligence etc but it has very little to do with brain size.

If you meant "intelligence" rather than brain size then perhaps you should put the bacon back in the fridge too - as it is generally accepted that pigs are more intelligent than dogs (although what is meant by animal intelligence could probably get a forum of its own!).

I'm not in any way condoning the behaviour in that film. i'm also not a vegy, tree hugger or animal rights activist but what surprises me about this thread is that people seem so disgusted/surprised/aghast at the capabilities of "mankind". Codprawn's comment about clubbing seals was in many ways valid - he finds that disturbing as would many people who are not from "that culture". But perhaps when you look at what people do to other people (Rwanda, Guantanamo Bay, Abu Graibh, Bloody Sunday, 9/11, Holocaust, Beslam, etc * delete as applicable according to your polical persuasion!).

And Limey - you might not think this is the time/place to be PC - but if you use unnecessarily emmotive, offensive or abusive language it won't reinforce your arguments at all.
Old 30 September 2006, 16:29   #19

Town: West Sussex
Make: zodiac
Engine: suzuki 115
It was not Linda,s comments that were edited ,they were mine ,If I have offended anyone then I apologise ,this was not my intention. I understand the need for control /culling but do it humanely. There is no excuse for those methods used.
Old 30 September 2006, 17:04   #20

Town: Gloucetsreshire
Boat name: GATO DI MARE
Make: MAR.CO
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 200Vmax
MMSI: 235027678
Send a message via MSN to Manos Send a message via Yahoo to Manos Send a message via Skype™ to Manos
I took the liberty and posted this link in all the RIB foroums I know. The result is that there will be protest to all Japan embassies in Germany, Italy, France, and Greece. Also I posted the link on the major Greek scuba forum.

The same link is now featured in one of the largest RIB clubs of Greece OFSE on their 1st web page.

It is completely unecessary this inhumane method whatever the reasons or calture difference etc. This is simply NOT ACCEPTABLE to be happening these days. And this is a statement and NOT in IMHO!!
Closed Thread