Not very RIB related but I would like to spread the word, Please help;
Dodger Reilly is two years old and suffers from medulloblastoma cancer. He has already had several procedures including a tumor removed from his brain; he has a long road ahead of him and is going through chemo at the moment. The cancer is present in his CSF (cerebrospinal fluid). His family are hoping for him to have proton therapy treatment, which is not available in the UK, so would involve him travelling abroad.
Dodger's family NEED to get him abroad and pay for this treatment off their own back, the cost is around £90,000. They have to date (October 2015) already raised around £30,000 but it is not enough!
Stormforce Coaching want to help Dodger’s family ensure that Dodger receives the care he needs and lives.
RACE FOR DODGER
We are therefore devoting all income from the 2016 St. Maarten Heineken Regatta to Dodger’s cause. That means every penny you spend with us on this event will go to Dodger, we will not be keeping any money back to cover expenses.
HOW ARE WE DOING THIS?
· The professional race skipper and mate are giving their time and expertise for free to race with you
· Stormforce Coaching are providing a race ready yacht free of charge
· Stormforce Coaching will cover the on board expenses such as fuel, gas, berthing etc.
· Stormforce Coaching will underwrite any regatta damage and pay the race insurance premium
· Airport Specialist Taxis of Petersfield were the first buiness to offer to help, they are providing the skipper and mate's UK transfers free of charge
· The Heinaken Regatta organiser have kindly offered to waive our entry fee
WHY DID WE CHOOSE A CARIBBEAN EVENT AND NOT A UK EVENT?
The answer to this is quite simple, we are obliged to charge you VAT on any racing you do with us in the UK, but we are not obliged to do so for events in the Caribbean. We want every pound you spend on this race event to help Dodger and not to go to HMRC.
HOW MUCH CAN WE RAISE?
There are 10 crew places on board (excluding skipper and mate) and they are £1,380 each. If just 8 sailors join us, that alone will raise over £11,000 for Dodger. With your help we hope to raise additional funds through this page. Our target is therefore £12,000.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
· If you are interested in booking then book, do not wait around. There is literally a race to raise the necessary money. Bookings are handled by our office and/or through our website
· If you can’t race in the Caribbean then donate at https://www.gofundme.com/race4dodger
· If you think you might know anyone else who can help, who will donate or who will book, then forward them this webpage. Spread the word!
· We need a polo shirt provider to print 24 polo shirts for the event
· We need an airline to provide 2 return flights
· We are open to any other offers of help that will make this package more attractive and therfore raise money.
DODGER DESPERATELY NEEDS YOUR HELP PLEASE SUPPORT THIS EVENT & PLEASE DONATE!
You can read about our St. Maarten Heinaken Regatta entry and how to join the crew at St. Maarten Heineken Regatta 2016 | Stormforce Coaching
Dodger's Facebook page is at https://www.facebook.com/dodger.riley.94?fref=ts
If due to other fund raising, or if for any other reason Dodger does not require any money we raise then Stormforce Coaching will at it's absolute discresion donate all money raised to help another child or children in a similar situation.