Old 20 October 2009, 11:33   #1

Town: Forres
Length: 7m +
Computer problems

I have been persevering with this for a while but it is doing my nut in now and I think its slowing down my computer so I was hoping that the infinite wisdome of Rib Net could help me!!!

My computer has recently started trying to configure/install a couple of programmes at start up

These are solution centre and something called status.msi

Whener I satart up the computer, a little status bar comes up and then asks me to insert the relevant discs which I dont have. I dont even know what discs I would need to have to get them running as I dont know what programme they belong to!

The solution centre one goes away after being cancelled once but the status on is more persitant and usually has to be cancelled 10 or more times before it goes away.

I have tried searching for these file names, thinking I could delete whatever was causing the problem.

Other than getting the discs, does anybody know how can I get rid of these? Please help as these are doing my head in!

Thanks
Old 20 October 2009, 11:37   #2

Town: Poole
Make: Aquaflyte
Length: 6m +
Engine: Merc 90 2Str
Stewart

Status.msi is definitely associated with HP printer driver support. I know that HP (along with many others) also have a program called Support Centre. I'd start looking there - have you recently installed/removed an HP printer from you system.

You could always try removing and re-installing the HP printer drivers to see if that cures it

HTH - good luck

Also a member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2009, 17:59   #3
RAD

Town: Essex
Boat name: Club Boat
Length: no boat
Engine: Yam 40hp
Is there any shortcutt in the startup folder, under all progs, startup? if so delete them by rightclicking.

Other than that revove HP cr...p
Old 20 October 2009, 18:03   #4

Town: Up Norf
Make: Avon SR4,Tremlett 23
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 55, Volvo 200
I had this with my HP printer, was a right pain in the @rse. Tried un-istalling and re-installing the software, trying updates off HP's website to sure known problems etc.
After un-installing and re-installing a few times it seems to have stopped... and I can print things again now!