Old 08 July 2018, 04:16   #11

Town: Dalmeny
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Top kit, £2000-4000 a unit. Some of my clients use them, the optics are stunning. They are the goto manufacturer for wildlife observers. One of the guys was saying recently that he returned his pair for some minor adjustment and they came back like new, replaced the eyecups etc.

Not sure I'd feel comfortable with a pair of binos that cost £3k
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonl View Post
Swarovski lifetime warranty is second to none. If you lose the strap for your binoculars you just phone them up & they pop one in the post. If your binos are looking a bit tired you send them back & they refurbish them, completely.
You never pay anything. It's staggeringly good service.

They have now had to reduce the warranty to 25 years for new stuff.

You don't have to go to that price tag just for a lifetime warranty and quality. I know many wealthy birders who have dropped down from thousands of dollars binoculars to much cheaper glass which they are more than happy with. I use the vortex from this review and can't fault them, I don't worry about carrying on the boat as the cost isn't anywhere near some brands but the quality is very good.https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/revie...-viper-hd-8x42

Old 12 July 2018, 11:15   #12

Length: 7m +
Apple: bought a Macbook air direct from Apple about four years ago. Has accompanied me around the world on yachts for the duration of that time so gets a little bashed around. Last year it wouldn't start. Popped it into an Apple store, they kept it for a few days and eventually gave me a call to say the main board needed replacement at around £800. However they could see I was a good customer (guess they have a look at your account and see what devices etc you use) and did it for free. Again no receipt etc required. Very good service - they missed out on a sale of a new laptop repairing the old one.

Old 12 July 2018, 15:55   #13

Town: suffolk
Boat name: not yet
Make: Nautica
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha 115 4 stroke
Some years ago i was thinking about an entry into digital cameras ,when i was sent a Costco monthly offer sheet only to see a Minolta Dimage camera with a large chunk off for november offer ,so i decided at about £120 i would buy and did , Imagine my surprise when in February the following year costco wrote to me to advise that due to incredible demand they had been able to negotiate a lower price from the supplier and enclosed a cheque for £20 refund for me (wasnt even a voucher ,actually £20 cheque )
a couple of years later my daughter had a nikon digital camera which she broke the screen on ,she tried to convince me she had not abused but i was a little sceptical ,so i sent back to nikon uk ,they advised the damage was not in line with normal use and there would be a charge over a hundred pounds ,so i asked for retun without mending ,a week later i took it into costco and explained i needed to buy fresh as nikon had turned me down for repair ,the costco guy said nikon were not complying with the costco policy and gave a full refund for the camera on the spot (in the £200 region )