1. This is a) The Point of Arnamurchan-the west most point on the British mainland. Not, Doug, Sanna which is a smidgeon further north
and b) Cape Wrath.
2. Rat Island
3. Tory Island
4. Aha, this one got some of you. No, it is not in the Bristol Channel, it is in the narrows of Strangford Lough. It is a tidal generator. The two arms with “propellors” on them are lowered below the surface and are spun by the actions of the tides. They are raised here for maintenance purposes.
5. Wolf Rock lighthouse, a favourite rendezvous point on the way to the Scilly Isles.
6. Staffa, in the Inner Hebrides where Fingal's Cave is located. See piccie.
7. The famous Fastnet Rock lighthouse just off the s/w tip of Ireland.
8. Aha, another one which caught you out. It is Bishop's Rock in the Scilly Isles, marks the finishing line for the Blue Riband runs across the Atlantic.