Old 30 August 2005, 12:40   #11
Town: Ipswich
Boat name: Obsession
Length: 6m +
Engine: SUZUKI 70
MMSI: 235024496
Let me know Martin and I will pop down and give you a look.

Never be scared of the sea but always respect it.
Wayne Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 September 2005, 05:00   #12
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
i purchased a fishing rod for my son for 3.99 complete with reel and is telescopic, he insisted in using it for fishing on the boat so i stuck some feathers on it for him, no mackeral so stuck a further 4 feathers on it of a smaller variety, so 8 in total. was all quite for a bit then bang, my 5 year old son had 8 good sized mackeral on a kids toy fishing rod, and as people will know mackeral give a good fight, i got em all in although the reel which is made of plastic was struggeling, and we went to 4 feathers and he had great fun, you would not believe how that rod would bend but it never broke. i finally persuaded him to use a proper rod and reel so was easier to bring em in, 10 to 15 for a fixed spool reel is ample and 15 -25 quid ish on a rod or more for telescopic will be fine, if you are a novice then fixed spool reel is fine but if more of a keener fisher man then use a multiplier, 30 quid will get a reasonable one these days.

as with many things these days they are better and cheaper than 20 years ago so dont worry about not having to spend a lot

have fun

Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote