Old 14 October 2004, 15:46   #32

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by eupa
(JK better move this to another headin "BILL GATES" as the conversation gong to get a bit hot)

Can't stand people who bash Microsof and Bill Gates. What is it with you people that resents people who are succesful? is it just jealousy?. The true fact is that over 95% of all PC's ( lapop. desktop, Pocket pcs) netwoking stations have a microsoft product. Despite problems ( now minumum) with a Ms OS system - it is a dam site better than all the other junk. OK Mr. Gates has in certain cases defended his position - well I for one say thank you Mr. Gates and tough luck the ohers. The end line is that MS have a good product which is relatively esay to use. But that is not all. Mr. Gates made the computer accessible to all. When your are in the states - look at the people using the internet booths

I say THANK YOU MR. GATES and pray you keep on forever. Pretty sure that
the *** upstairs uses a MS product. Just hope the hard driver is a big one.

jonathan
Good God someone actually sticking up for Bill??? I was NOT bashing Mr Gates - he is the world's best business man - no doubt about it.

Anyone who can sell a load of shit that is so ticky you can't get rid of it and then have to keep buying more of the same deserves a medal.....

As to people using internet booths - and the internet in general - where do you think the http:// bit comes from - what do you think most internet servers run on??? Ever heard of apache???

Lotus gone? Has it really? Lotus notes/domino still used by most large companies for all their email.

Internet explorer - the most bug infested security lacking piece of crap ever - try mozilla firefox and never look back!!! FREE from

http://www.mozilla.org/

no more popups or hack attacks!!!

And you say minimum probs with XP etc - still I am NOT complaining - I wouldn't be able to afford my RIB if there were never probs with MS products!!!

Old 15 October 2004, 04:10   #33

Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Good God someone actually sticking up for Bill??? I was NOT bashing Mr Gates - he is the world's best business man - no doubt about it.

Anyone who can sell a load of shit that is so ticky you can't get rid of it and then have to keep buying more of the same deserves a medal.....

As to people using internet booths - and the internet in general - where do you think the http:// bit comes from - what do you think most internet servers run on??? Ever heard of apache???

Lotus gone? Has it really? Lotus notes/domino still used by most large companies for all their email.

Internet explorer - the most bug infested security lacking piece of crap ever - try mozilla firefox and never look back!!! FREE from

http://www.mozilla.org/

no more popups or hack attacks!!!

And you say minimum probs with XP etc - still I am NOT complaining - I wouldn't be able to afford my RIB if there were never probs with MS products!!!

Come off it COD - get real -90% of companies use OUTLOOK. But again you and othets have missed it. I am not talking about companies , I am talking about the other 98% of people who use computers at home. Granny aint interrsted to know about http.- or where it comes from- all she wants to do is communicate Lotus died yeas ago ? ever tried to program VBA with Lotus- just tell me how you get on.

As regards your RIB - you dont seem to have one... or is it the Phanton rider that comes out at midnight?
XP - if you have probs with XP - something wrong somewhere. As regards IE and security - if you are number 1, you expect to be attacked all the time.
But then again I cant understand people who continuosely bash IE- when all they have to do is download Netscape and use that browser. And thats another one. Why did Netscap[e sell out to AOL? if they were so good? GREED JUST PURE GREED - then what happens poor old Netscape have to work night and day to make it compatible with AOL.
Old 15 October 2004, 07:30   #34

Quote:
Come off it COD - get real -90% of companies use OUTLOOK. But again you and othets have missed it.
As regards your RIB - you dont seem to have one... or is it the Phanton rider that comes out at midnight?
XP - if you have probs with XP - something wrong somewhere. .
There are LOADS of big companies in the UK using Lotus notes - seems the bigger the company the more likely they are to be using it!!!

You are quite right - I do NOT have a RIB - YET!!!! Won't be long now though!!!!

XP is full of problems - why else do they bring our service packs to fix them?

I admit it is far better than the other shit they have used but problem free??? I think not!!!
Old 15 October 2004, 09:02   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGR
But has Bill got a RIB?

LOOOOOOOSER...

He probably owns all the companies building ribs -- but does not realize it. He does not need that kind of thrill........

Jonathan
Old 15 October 2004, 09:13   #36

Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Charger
Make: Prosport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 200HP OB
Quote:
He probably owns all the companies building ribs -- but does not realize it. He does not need that kind of thrill........

Jonathan
You're scaring me now. Do you have posters of "Mr Gates" on your bedroom wall?
Old 15 October 2004, 10:07   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel
Probably - Bill will be pleased to know he at last has A friend!!!!
Old 15 October 2004, 13:55   #38

Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Various
Make: Commercial
Length: 10m +
Engine: Screw / Voith / Jets
Send a message via MSN to Alex Brown
Great bit of office software which works not just on Linux, but on Windows too - http://www.openoffice.org/
I can recommend this product, which seems to be compatible with the majority of other office style applications that are about.

Windows 2000 was good, XP is better, they will always have bugs though. Of around 70 client pc's I look after that run windows xp, I have only seen one with a bsod so far... One of our linux machines had a kernel panic the other day too for some reason - terminal just died.
I tend to use (debian) linux for a lot of stuff, but I couldn't push it out to the network at work for day to day stuff, cos it doesn't do what we need of it for all things - saying that, linux has bugs in it too....

-Alex
Old 15 October 2004, 16:22   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Brown
Great bit of office software which works not just on Linux, but on Windows too - http://www.openoffice.org/
I can recommend this product, which seems to be compatible with the majority of other office style applications that are about.

Windows 2000 was good, XP is better, they will always have bugs though. Of around 70 client pc's I look after that run windows xp, I have only seen one with a bsod so far... One of our linux machines had a kernel panic the other day too for some reason - terminal just died.
I tend to use (debian) linux for a lot of stuff, but I couldn't push it out to the network at work for day to day stuff, cos it doesn't do what we need of it for all things - saying that, linux has bugs in it too....

-Alex

Thanks Alex - just goes to show what I was saying. 'doesnt do what we need to"

jonathan
Old 15 October 2004, 16:27   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel

Do you really want to know what's on my bedroom wall???

jonathan