Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 03 December 2008, 13:56   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: cookoo land
Boat name: tba
Make: ribcraft 595
Length: under 3m
Engine: Suzi 140
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 316
Ben Ainslie VOTE, RYA!

Just had an email from the RYA asking me to vote for BA in the Sports Personality of the Year 'competition'.

I guess all RYA members have had this.

What do you think?
a- Do you give a toss?
b- Do you feel uncomfortable about the RYA using it's membership list for this purpose?
c- Should the entire boating community of the UK vote for BA?

BB
__________________

__________________
BassBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2008, 13:58   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
I'll vote. He's an 'Old Boy' from my son's school. He turns up for prize givings along with some bird from 'The Appentice'.
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2008, 14:01   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
I'll vote. He's an 'Old Boy' from my son's school. He turns up for prize givings along with some bird from 'The Appentice'.
It'll be for runner-up as Hamilton has it in the bag aswell as having it in a Pussycat Doll.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2008, 14:24   #4
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassboy
What do you think?
a- Do you give a toss?
b- Do you feel uncomfortable about the RYA using it's membership list for this purpose?
c- Should the entire boating community of the UK vote for BA?
I don't really give a toss! But I certainly don't feel there is anything wrong with the RYA trying to use this as an opportunity to promote the sport. But I also don't feel any compulsion to vote for someone because the RYA said I should - if I was going to vote, and I am not, it probably wouldnt be for Ben!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
It'll be for runner-up as Hamilton has it in the bag
If the bookies are right then Ainslee isn't even in the running for runner up spot. Chris Hoy, Rebecca Adlington and Lewis Hamilton are the leaders by quite a way. I doubt that many people would even recognise Ben Ainslee!
__________________
Poly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2008, 15:09   #5
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Could only vote for hamilton.
__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2008, 15:14   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Could only vote for hamilton.
Is that because you don't own a boat?
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2008, 16:51   #7
RAD
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Essex
Boat name: Club Boat
Length: no boat
Engine: Yam 40hp
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 288
I got the same email from the RYA also another email from a different company!

But as you say, Hamilton has had more press coverage over Ainslee.
__________________
RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2008, 17:01   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Not wishing to be pernickity guys, but it's AINSLIE.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2008, 17:03   #9
JSP
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southport
Boat name: Qudos
Make: 5.4 Searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115 V4
MMSI: 235068784
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Is that because you don't own a boat?
No, because of what he's achieved! Don't see what not having a boat at the moment has got to do with it?
__________________
JSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 December 2008, 17:12   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
No, because of what he's achieved! Don't see what not having a boat at the moment has got to do with it?
Do you have a Maclaren?
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.