Old 25 January 2005, 15:52   #1

Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Various
Make: Commercial
Length: 10m +
Engine: Screw / Voith / Jets
Send a message via MSN to Alex Brown
BBC2 prog

For those living in Wales, and with Sky Digital, there's a new series starting on BBC2 tonight - Pembrokeshire: Land of Dreams starting at 1930hrs.

Blatently rippped from the BBC's website.....

The St Davids area has always attracted peoplelooking to fulfil a personal dream, from the time of the saints to the present day. The series explores how this unique area is coping with the challenges of change, through the lives of six individuals or families who live in this stunning landscape.

The first of the six programmes meets local businessman John Price. Having built up an enormously successful business running boat trips around the coast and islands, he is all too aware of the seasonal aspect of the business. By expanding into boat building and more recently building and selling houses, he is overcoming the problem and is able to provide year-round employment for his staff. He is also more than aware that the landscape is at the root of all he does.

-Alex
Old 25 January 2005, 19:10   #2
RIBnet supporter

Town: Peel, IOM
Length: no boat
RIBase
Just finished watching it Alex.
Good wasnt it?
Beautiful coastline. Been through the Sound a few times now but always in a hurry getting from A to B.
Must take more time or make a special trip up there.

Do you know John Price ?
Old 26 January 2005, 19:22   #3

Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Various
Make: Commercial
Length: 10m +
Engine: Screw / Voith / Jets
Send a message via MSN to Alex Brown
Yeap Brian, it was quite good - not sure how these tv progs always seem to come here when the sun is shining

I don't know John, no.... although I've seen his boats around and about, mostly last year out by Grassholm - we didn't make it to Ramsey at all last year.

We've been through Ramsey sound a few times now - took the rib through a few times the year before last - first time with Bernie and Jason who were on La Bamba - half way through the fog dropped (much fun!!). We drifted through the next time round while I was having my lunch..... surprisingly fast current that is too.
Last year we came through the sound just as the sun was setting in the evening on the way back from over by Ireland - somewhere I have shots off the back of the boat which were pretty spectacular at the time.

Interesting comments on the prog about getting onto the housing ladder though - something which I am struggling to do myself, although I'm sure having a rib doesn't help the cause much

-Alex