Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 09 August 2007, 07:28   #1
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Battle of Britain flight

I have just been told that the Battle of Britain Memorial flight will be coming to Salcombe on Sunday afternoon - if anyone is remotely near it would defintely be worth coming to see! We will be on the water, so email me if you're coming down!
__________________

__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2007, 08:01   #2
Member
 
Nasher's Avatar
 
Country: Other
Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Ocean & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzi DT200EFI, DT9.9
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,147
Cookee

Planning on being at Beesands all day Sunday, so will keep an Eye and Ear out.

Should have thought to move Mondays Solent Beer and Banter to a pub in the Dartmouth/Kingsbridge/Salcombe area

If anyone fancies meeting up next week in that area let me know.

Nasher
__________________

__________________
RIBBED For extra pleasure.
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Member of the Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2007, 08:37   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
On a similar note - Red Arrows over Bournemouth seafront on Friday 19th August @ 12.00 . Small exclusion zone in place ( www.braa.org.uk ) to avoid any close calls . - Is needed having been under the display for the last 2 years !
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2007, 11:26   #4
Member
 
Cookee's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 4,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Cookee

Planning on being at Beesands all day Sunday, so will keep an Eye and Ear out.

Should have thought to move Mondays Solent Beer and Banter to a pub in the Dartmouth/Kingsbridge/Salcombe area

If anyone fancies meeting up next week in that area let me know.

Nasher

Hope you get to see something - let me know if you're over this way and drop into the factory for a look at the new boats - We've got a 6m diesel waterjet now sporting a huge great "Monstertower" for wakeboarding with the biggest wake ever! And the Southampton show boat is taking shape - the 115EFI (4 cylinder Verado without the supercharger) turned up today and is being fitted as I type!

Of course a beer would be good at some point too!
__________________
Cookee
Originally Posted by Zippy
When a boat looks that good who needs tubes!!!
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 August 2007, 12:16   #5
Member
 
Nasher's Avatar
 
Country: Other
Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Ocean & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzi DT200EFI, DT9.9
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
Hope you get to see something - let me know if you're over this way and drop into the factory for a look at the new boats - We've got a 6m diesel waterjet now sporting a huge great "Monstertower" for wakeboarding with the biggest wake ever! And the Southampton show boat is taking shape - the 115EFI (4 cylinder Verado without the supercharger) turned up today and is being fitted as I type!

Of course a beer would be good at some point too!
Cookee

Hi.

There is about 30 of us(several families with RIBs) camping outside Dartmouth on our annual trip.
If the weather is bad during the week you may regret inviting us to the factory
Particularly if the half built Show boat resembles a climbing frame.
Can't remember how well my kids behaved when you invited them on board at last years Southampton show, but they are always up for sitting in a boat making brum brum noises.

Only joking, promise we won't descend on mass, I'd love to come and have a look though.

Nasher.
__________________
RIBBED For extra pleasure.
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Member of the Bombard 380 Aerotec club
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2007, 11:05   #6
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,653
Cookee;

Pics would be appreciated.


jky
__________________
jyasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2007, 12:51   #7
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 2,097
Ahh, this thread gives me the opportunity to post this pic, taken over the Solent during 2004...
__________________
Out of the fog......
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2007, 13:21   #8
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
I have just been told that the Battle of Britain Memorial flight will be coming to Salcombe on Sunday afternoon water, so
Has anyone told you why they are coming ?

Maybe they are going to bomb you
__________________
http://www.xfire.com/download/
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2007, 02:40   #9
Member
 
Country: USA
Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,653
Thanks, Alan!

jky
__________________
jyasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2007, 16:18   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Devon. uk
Boat name: bananashark
Make: me
Length: 7m +
Engine: opti 225
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 323
According to the memorial flight website, they were there today as well. missed that.

http://www.bbmf.co.uk/august07.html
__________________

__________________
But I may be talking Rubbish.
Expurt is a drip under pressure, and the difference between an Amateur and a proffesional is getting paid.
kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.