Old 24 June 2006, 06:24   #51
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Originally Posted by pathalla
The Russians are rarely given their due for helping stop the Nazi war machine, MILLIONS died, and little mention is made of it in Western news media, American or British. The Allies could likely have lost the war if not for the Russian war effort, some tough son of a bitches! Germany had committed roughly 60% percent of her men and material to the Russian front, a fact not commonly known. Russia was a very tough opponent. Cod... Truly, if not for Britain us Yanks WOULD be speaking another language, French or Spanish at the very least, that is a fact! We speak English because... back in the day we were a British colony! Yanked from the old sod and transplanted over here, just one of countless British colonies. So hey, don't sweat it, we still have your back, just as you, have ours! Remember, the U.S.A is what it is today in large part due to the historical influence of the mother country, Britain. SO, you are just stuck with us, just like your kids.... Did you notice how I snuck "War Machine" in there?

Yes very clever - I wonder how much RIBs would have helped the war effort? Not much I suspect but I bet they would have been very impressed with the chart plotters - not that they would have been much use without the satellites though!!!!

codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2006, 21:40   #52
Town: Punta gorda Fl.
Boat name: War Machine
Make: Falcon U.S.A.
Length: 9m +
Engine: twin 250 Yamaha
If the Allies could of had ribs back in WW2 they probably would have helped been great as anti- submarine craft, load a couple of depth charges on back, head out, find a sub and kick em overboard! After that, enjoy a cruise and a cold one...

pathalla is offline   Reply With Quote