Old 06 March 2008, 11:34   #21

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
I think you may have a slightly unrealistic expectation. Yes perhaps there data/comms are not as dynamic as they could be - but you got your goods in 14 days, including shipping to Eire. Not so long ago mail order was always "please allow 28 days for delivery". If you want it instantly go and support your local chandler. If you want it cheap...
I bought a pair of Steiner ex army binoculars from Germany on Ebay - they arrived next day. My nightvision scope bought on Ebay took 3 days - from the Ukraine. My camera took 4 days from Hong Kong - again off Ebay!!!
Old 06 March 2008, 11:40   #22
alt

Town: Galway, West Eire
Make: Cranchi
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2 x Volvo KAD300
Send a message via MSN to alt
Lesson Learned, any more, before ordering I will:

1) Ring to make sure item is in stock
2) Check who they deliver with

Kind of defeats the purpose of 'Internet' shopping if you have to ring etc. but could save a lot of hassle in the long run

There is no excuse for poor communication. I'm self employed and rely on clients to get me through college. If I don't respond to a client's request ASAP, they find another service provider, simple as. My mistake was i'd placed the order before trying to contact them in the first place... d'oh!
Old 06 March 2008, 12:57   #23
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
I bought a pair of Steiner ex army binoculars from Germany on Ebay - they arrived next day. My nightvision scope bought on Ebay took 3 days - from the Ukraine. My camera took 4 days from Hong Kong - again off Ebay!!!
That was kind of my point - we have come to expect that sort of response - but actually 2 weeks isn't that long...
Old 06 March 2008, 13:09   #24

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Aquaholic
Make: Ribeye
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 V8
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
Last April, I needed some cables and a gps Antennae to fit my GPS into another boat temporarily... so I contacted garmin who sent out the parts straight away and were here within a couple of days.. however when the cable got here, I discovered they had sent the wrong one.. I called garmin, and they couldnt get me a replacement in time... I called marine megastore, who were more than helpful... they said if I took my wrong cable down, they would swap it for the right one... when I got there they couldnt find the right spare cable for me, so they opened a box, and gave me the cable from there.

Not every retailer is perfect... I would have been persistent with calling, sooner or later, the person you need to speak to will be off the phone
Old 06 March 2008, 13:46   #25
alt

Town: Galway, West Eire
Make: Cranchi
Engine: 2 x Volvo KAD300
Send a message via MSN to alt
Quote:
Originally Posted by benc View Post

Not every retailer is perfect... I would have been persistent with calling, sooner or later, the person you need to speak to will be off the phone
I called 4 - 6 times (Cant remember exactly how many times, it was at least 4 anyhow) and got the same response every time. The switch e-mails them with a name and phone number... what's wrong with dialing direct to the shop?
Old 06 March 2008, 14:58   #26

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Engine: Etec 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
I think you may have a slightly unrealistic expectation. Yes perhaps there data/comms are not as dynamic as they could be - but you got your goods in 14 days, including shipping to Eire. Not so long ago mail order was always "please allow 28 days for delivery". If you want it instantly go and support your local chandler. If you want it cheap...
I can usually get stuff from UK to here in less than 2 weeks!

Sent from my Computer, using a keyboard and mouse
BogMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2008, 11:34   #27

Town: poole
Boat name: BOAT
Make: CREATIVE
Engine: OUTBOARD
I used them a few months ago,was waiting for nearly a month for my items to arrive,tried calling them but all i got was a call center eventually i got so annoyed i traveled down to their branch in hamble it was a upstairs office never seen anything like it before stock lying all over the floor i nearly tripped over a cardboard box as i entered this small room,i eventually got the attention of this young man who was engrossed listening to the radio on his laptop,i told him i was still waiting for my order and on the website it said it was all in stock,i said can i take my order with me now he said no as its with their supplier and i said well when will i received my order and he said in the next few days.told him i needed my order by the end of the week.
three days later i received my order.
Old 20 March 2009, 20:09   #28
RIBnet supporter

Town: Peel, IOM
Length: no boat
RIBase
I ordered Navplanner PC software from Marine Megastore in a hurry, and without checking my infallable source of everything marine (that means you guys) on 25th January.

I found to my horror, a few days later, the thread you are currently reading.

After 2 weeks I phoned them and was told it was despatched on the 29th January.

I waited another week, with no delivery, and phoned to cancel.
I was told I could not cancel as the goods had been despatched (on the aforementioned 29th January).
I was told that deliveries were delayed due to bad weather (for 3 weeks?).

I waited another 3 weeks. Still no delivery. So I told VISA that there was a dispute (on the 13th March).
On the 14th March, by an absolutely amazing co-incidence, the goods arrived-postmarked yesterday!
I returned them, unopened with a letter (quite polite) asking them to refund my credit card.
To be fair, they did so on the 18th March.

Contrast this with MES Ltd of Bristol. I asked on Monday if they had the product in stock. They had not, but would get it "before the end of the week".
Well, before the end of the week I had the product in my hands!

I am afraid I will be giving Marine Megastore a wide berth in future (and checking this forum before ordering anything else over t'internet).

Lesson learned.
Old 21 March 2009, 12:13   #29

MES/Cactus aren't whiter than white either. I ordered a load of electronics with them which was shipped out to Guernsey. Most of the stuff arrived but the DSM300 fishfinder module was out of stock.

They sent it seperately but it never arrived. I chased them up and they said their courier had lost it so they would send another which they did which was great - no problems with that.

2 days later I get a phone call from Guernsey saying that 2 of the DSM300s had arrived. I contacted Cactus and they said ok please send the toher one back. This was about 1 month after original dispatch.

Well this went on for a while - the people in Guernsey were scum but they said the courier never turned up to collect it. Of course Cactus said they kept trying but they could get no joy.

I don't particularly care what was going on - it was totally out of my hands. Then Cactus threatened ME with legal action. They got REALLY nasty about it. They knew they couldn't touch the people in Guernsey so they thought I would be an easy target. I even spoke the the MD and he was the most obnoxious of the lot.

It went on for some time but I think they finally had their module back. The main fault lay with the original courier who had lost the thing for over 1 month. But to try and charge me for 2 when none of it was my fault was taking the proverbial and the nasty way they went about it leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth. I have NEVER been treated like this by any other company.
Old 12 May 2009, 15:05   #30

Length: 10m +
Hello I am an Italian that own a Comet 11 (sail boat, sorry I know is not a RIB but also I have a small Zodiac there) that I keep in the river Arno in Pisa.

I notice this nice and usefull forum that I like very much and I get registered, but I should have checked this before to order.

I did place a big (for me) order (near £. 1,000.00) on the 5th May 2009 for trademaster for my boat.
Then I was worried about delivery time and I have sent a number of emails to various email address but no reply at all.
Then I try to phone but no reply except the answer machine that suggest to live chat.
I cannot to travel from Milan (Italy) to their shop, so I have tried the live chat and then just investing half an hour I got a good news: the goods is ready and will be sent to you today (was the 11th May 2009) and wil be with you in three days.
I was asking a tracking number (I had then alreday seen this 3D) the person in the chat said: "I will email it to you soon".

Nothings happens then today I did chat again and now after about 45 minutes of chat I got the following reply: "ok i'm just waiting for the warehouse to fax me one up" (talking about traking numbers). Then I hope to receive some reply soon and the goods.

I must to confess that I do bought goods only from UK without problem since years, big problems on delivery as the standard parcels never arrive, but a part this everythings has been always good. I had very bad experience in Germany in the past and this looks like that one. I hope to be able to get the items one day any suggestion is more then welcome.

Anybody in transits in Pisa can contact me for any help or suggestion or to find a safe place to stay in that beautifull area.
Thanks.
Old 12 May 2009, 15:22   #31

Marine Megastore usually get there in the end but their service is terrible - if you are stuck in a few days time post here again and I will contact them on your behalf - I love a good argument!!!
Old 12 May 2009, 16:32   #32

Infact just got an email with tracking number of DPD (tested on the site does not work but could be too early).
I will keep you updated on the delivery (if any) of course if it happens in this century. :-)
Old 12 May 2009, 19:57   #33

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Oh no, not DPD

Some equipment I ordered was sent with them a few weeks ago.
They will only redeliver to a different address within the same postcode, or charge you @£10 for somewhere else.
To arrange to collect from their depot via the automated phone system you have to commit to collecting before they tell you where the depot is - Mad.

I eventually called the Buisness only line and kept going through the menus until I actually managed to speak to somebody, who took some persuading to give me the postcode of the depot so I could decide if I wanted to collect.

She just couldn't see why I needed to know where the depot was so I could decide if I was able to collect. It was in Southampton 20miles away, but I did it anyway as there was no way we could come to an agreement as to how they could deliver to somebody who didn't want to take a day off work to receive a parcel.

What an unfriendly, useless bunch of you know whats.

Nasher.
Old 13 May 2009, 07:39   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Oh no, not DPD
They will only redeliver to a different address within the same postcode, or charge you @£10 for somewhere else.
To arrange to collect from their depot via the automated phone system you have to commit to collecting before they tell you where the depot is - Mad.
I eventually called the Buisness only line and kept going through the menus until I actually managed to speak to somebody, who took some persuading to give me the postcode of the depot so I could decide if I wanted to collect.
She just couldn't see why I needed to know where the depot was so I could decide if I was able to collect. It was in Southampton 20miles away, but I did it anyway as there was no way we could come to an agreement as to how they could deliver to somebody who didn't want to take a day off work to receive a parcel.
Nasher.
Well I was cosidering the goods and money "lost" having now a tracking number is better. The tracking now works and says that the goods are in Southampton :-(
I hope that beeing an international transits then they should send by air to Bergamo (Italy) from there probably an other courier (Italian with South American driver drunk even in the morning :-) ) will take it to me. The "hope is the last to died" but when I will see the goods here I will be more relaxed and give to you the new.
If everythings goes in the right way the delivery was accetable (15 days) the "panic" not. I think they should just give a better client information via the web site that still is saying that the order has been received and will be processed. I must also to say that compared with the very expensive Italian shops (here the VAT is still 20%) I would save (if goods will arrive) about 38% buyin in UK (due to lower UK VAT, wrong exchange Sterling / Euro - it is to say that the Euro is supervaluated without any good reason - and better price done by Marinemegastore).
Old 13 May 2009, 08:33   #35
RIBnet supporter

Town: Rutland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Oh no, not DPD

Nasher.
We DPD daily from Germany for spares and so far no problems

Now TNT or FEDEX well how long have you got
Old 13 May 2009, 16:05   #36

I sent a set of trim tabs to Slovenia with DPD. The tracking info was great - they sent it to the Baltic first then all over Europe - worked it out on autoroute my parcel travelled 3,500 miles - got there in the end though!!!
Old 13 May 2009, 16:19   #37

Town: Near Godalming
Boat name: AJA
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F150AETX
What is it that Marine Megastore sell that you can't buy at the Marine Super Store (for example)?

You'd think that the Marine Megastore would be doing all in it's power to avoid negative publicity on a site with 7,000 members...

If orders are missing the CEO is Richard Pattinson, and I have his mobile number!
Old 14 May 2009, 20:15   #38

Town: Fareham
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilda View Post
What is it that Marine Megastore sell that you can't buy at the Marine Super Store (for example)?

You'd think that the Marine Megastore would be doing all in it's power to avoid negative publicity on a site with 7,000 members...

If orders are missing the CEO is Richard Pattinson, and I have his mobile number!

Very interesting...... I am (was) about to place a £200 order with them.

Marine Megastore are price competitive. ( Icom M71 handheld & fixed focus binoculars)
Old 15 May 2009, 01:34   #39

http://www.allgadgets.co.uk/

Try Mike - a member on this site - very helpful - excellent service and good prices!!!
Old 15 May 2009, 17:47   #40

Thank-you very much for all the help given that is very much appreciated.
So far nothings has been received and the tracking of DPD says:

Track It Parcel Details :
Parcel No Senders Ref Consignment Post Code Collected Date Service Delivery Status
1550 4005 617 088 9 WEB-6023899 4005617088 12 May 2009 eu - dpd express Customer data received
Date Time Location Event Status
12 May 2009 09:00 Southampton Customer data received

Seems that since 12th May 2009 they have received datas, but nothing else.
Now I am getting in trouble with the fitting of this as it was expected to be done this week end but since nothing has been received and no idea when will be causes me some troubles.
I cannot to say anything against Marine Megastore else that the client assistance is not sufficient, but now every day of additional delay I am getting worried about a potential loss of £ 1,000.00 and of course the fitting job that cannot be scheduled not having the goods here.
I was expecting, when I have received the tracking numbers and the email saying that the items will be with me in this week, to have a day by day tracking and then the goods here, but the tracking stopped at 12th May 2009 and since then no progress at all.
I hope to have better news on monday next.
Again thanks to all the kind persons of this Forum for the help given to me.