Click Here to Login

Old 08 February 2008, 08:57   #1
alt

Town: Galway, West Eire
Make: Cranchi
Length: 5m +
Engine: 2 x Volvo KAD300
Send a message via MSN to alt
Anyone ever ordered from Marine Megastore? (UK)

http://www.marinemegastore.com

Anyone ever ordered from these guys? I placed an order on 1st Feb (Week ago today) and my order is still saying "Processing" on the website, and didn't get a dispatch email? 1 week to process a tiny order, that's a joke.

It also took them a week to reply to my parts enquiry e-mail (I asked a question that I found the answer to myself so just ordered)

Pretty peeved off, won't be ordering from them again
Old 08 February 2008, 12:10   #2
RIBnet supporter

Town: Rutland
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by alt View Post
http://www.marinemegastore.com

Anyone ever ordered from these guys? I placed an order on 1st Feb (Week ago today) and my order is still saying "Processing" on the website, and didn't get a dispatch email? 1 week to process a tiny order, that's a joke.

It also took them a week to reply to my parts enquiry e-mail (I asked a question that I found the answer to myself so just ordered)

Pretty peeved off, won't be ordering from them again

Yep they we're fine, you could call them ?
Old 08 February 2008, 14:08   #3

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
I have had problems with all the big chandlers - mailspeed sent me my order spread over 3 weeks in 4 sperate shipments!!!
Old 08 February 2008, 14:28   #4
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
- mailspeed sent me my order spread over 3 weeks in 4 sperate shipments!!!
but you would probably complain if you had to wait 3 weeks for everything just because 1 part was on back order. So long as you weren't paying extra for the shipping what's your gripe?
Old 08 February 2008, 16:14   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
but you would probably complain if you had to wait 3 weeks for everything just because 1 part was on back order. So long as you weren't paying extra for the shipping what's your gripe?
My gripe is the fact that when I ordered i wasn't told several of the items were out of stock. On most online shops if an item is out of stock it tells you!!!

Of course it's just me being unreasonable again isn't it...............
Old 08 February 2008, 18:33   #6

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Alt,

Ive ordered from them. Mucked me around in that they were showing stuff on their site that wasn't for sale anymore. Perfectly reasonable to speak to and honoured the rest of my order which didn't really keep me happy.

Why, in this day and age, do web retail sites not show up to date stock listings.

By the way there outlet is an upstairs office at the bottom of the Hamble next to a scarey estate.
Old 09 February 2008, 15:32   #7
alt

I tried to get through 3 times today. Each time "There is no one available"

When I asked why "Because they're on the phone"
Me: "OK, i'll hold"
Them: "I cant do that"
Me: "Why"
Them: "Look mate, i'm only a switch, I can't put you through to sales"
Me: "Are you in the same building"
Them: "Yes, but i'm only a switch"
Me: "OK well put me through to the front desk"
Them: "I can't do that, there's someone on the line. I'll take your number etc. etc. and get someone to call you back"
Me: "Well how the heck are you able to get through but you can't transfer me?"
Them: "Well, eh, I send them an e-mail"

I told them him that eventhough I ordered 8 days ago, and was CHARGED 8 days ago my order still hasn't been put through. I can't believe this, I was charged for my order but can't even get through

So that's 6 calls, 3 emails and still havent gotten through. I told the guy on the switch to say in the e-mail that if I didn't get a response today that i'd be requesting a chargeback on my credit card from my bank, which i'm going to do either way

I don't suppose anyone lives locally that would be willing to call down and see what's going on with my order, in exchange for some beer tokens? PM me for the order number. I can't believe the outfit theyre running, it's a joke!
Old 09 February 2008, 19:49   #8

Town: cornwall
Boat name: nothing
Make: rib eye 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: tatsu 50
MMSI: 666
ordered my outboard bracket from marinescene on ebay a week ago , and the pay pal payment is still pending , same with another item from another supplier . whay pay pal are taking ages i don't know but marinescene called me today to explain it wasn,t thier fault , I was impressed with that .

had some bother with 12vmarine on ebay , really rude and crap lot
Old 09 February 2008, 19:50   #9

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
I'd help but I live an hour away. Anyone takes you up on your offer I can give directions.
Old 09 February 2008, 19:53   #10

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
...and the pay pal payment is still pending ,
Ian, could your credit card, logged with paypal, have expired?
Old 09 February 2008, 20:48   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
Ian, could your credit card, logged with paypal, have expired?
good point , its varified so does a direct debit but i have just had a new debit card after my old one expired , maybe thats why .
Not had any requests from them though .
best i go see thanks for the idea
Old 09 February 2008, 21:40   #12

Town: Exmouth, Devon
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian parkes View Post
ordered my outboard bracket from marinescene on ebay a week ago , and the pay pal payment is still pending , same with another item from another supplier . whay pay pal are taking ages i don't know
What happens is that if your PayPal account hasn't got enough in it to pay and you fund it from a current account, they produce what's called an eCheque. Because of the way PayPal transfers this money, it doesn't get cleared like a normal bank payment but can take up to 10 days. You don't get the same problem if your primary PayPal funding source is a credit card. I suspect it's because they are a US outfit and transfer the current account cash in bulk rather than payment-by-payment. I think if enough people complain to PayPal about this, they will eventually change.

The real pain is that the buyer doesn't even get advised by PayPal that this has happened, making a seller look bad. Best practice for sellers is to advise customers as soon as eCheque payments appear so customers can pay alternatively. PayPal eCheque payments can be 'refunded' by the seller but if it's not done quickly enough, the funds can still leave your account and then take another 10 days to get repaid. One solution is for seller to take card details pending the eCheque clearing so that goods can be despatched. sory to hijack the Marine Megastore thread, but hope it's helpful for anyone with a PayPal account.

Mind you, always did wonder about the Marine Megastore setup . . .
Old 09 February 2008, 23:04   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
What happens is that if your PayPal account hasn't got enough in it to pay and you fund it from a current account, they produce what's called an eCheque. Because of the way PayPal transfers this money, it doesn't get cleared like a normal bank payment but can take up to 10 days. You don't get the same problem if your primary PayPal funding source is a credit card. I suspect it's because they are a US outfit and transfer the current account cash in bulk rather than payment-by-payment. I think if enough people complain to PayPal about this, they will eventually change.

The real pain is that the buyer doesn't even get advised by PayPal that this has happened, making a seller look bad. Best practice for sellers is to advise customers as soon as eCheque payments appear so customers can pay alternatively. PayPal eCheque payments can be 'refunded' by the seller but if it's not done quickly enough, the funds can still leave your account and then take another 10 days to get repaid. One solution is for seller to take card details pending the eCheque clearing so that goods can be despatched. sory to hijack the Marine Megastore thread, but hope it's helpful for anyone with a PayPal account.

Mind you, always did wonder about the Marine Megastore setup . . .
Thats what had happened . I needed to renew my debit card details and it was producing a e cheque . Sorted now after the heads up thanks
Old 10 February 2008, 16:07   #14

Got to add that not all marine suppliers give bad service - Allgadgets are awesome!!!
Old 10 February 2008, 18:31   #15

Town: Bristol
Engine: Yamaha
ALT, if a company gave me bad service like that that , i would take a trip out and confront them, if you couldnt do that, superglue the locks up on the property!!!
or take something to the value of,
Old 10 February 2008, 20:04   #16
alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt h View Post
ALT, if a company gave me bad service like that that , i would take a trip out and confront them, if you couldnt do that, superglue the locks up on the property!!!
or take something to the value of,
Only one problem.. i'm in Ireland
Old 06 March 2008, 10:14   #17
alt

Thought I should post an update to this....

The gear arrived, 2 weeks after ordering
Their online status service didn't update until after the package had arrived. So it went from "Processing" to "Delivered" 2 weeks later

It took them at least 4 days to reply to my e-mails

They use a switch operator for phone calls, so you can't get directly through to them. Takes them about 3-4days to ring you back (If at all)

Terrible communication in my opinion, won't be giving them my money ever again
Old 06 March 2008, 10:42   #18
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Thought I should post an update to this....

The gear arrived, 2 weeks after ordering
Their online status service didn't update until after the package had arrived. So it went from "Processing" to "Delivered" 2 weeks later

It took them at least 4 days to reply to my e-mails

They use a switch operator for phone calls, so you can't get directly through to them. Takes them about 3-4days to ring you back (If at all)

Terrible communication in my opinion, won't be giving them my money ever again
I think you may have a slightly unrealistic expectation. Yes perhaps there data/comms are not as dynamic as they could be - but you got your goods in 14 days, including shipping to Eire. Not so long ago mail order was always "please allow 28 days for delivery". If you want it instantly go and support your local chandler. If you want it cheap...
Old 06 March 2008, 10:54   #19
alt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
I think you may have a slightly unrealistic expectation. Yes perhaps there data/comms are not as dynamic as they could be - but you got your goods in 14 days, including shipping to Eire. Not so long ago mail order was always "please allow 28 days for delivery". If you want it instantly go and support your local chandler. If you want it cheap...
It actually took more than 14 days, I was being generous rounding it off to 2 weeks

Howcome so many UK sellers can have stuff over to me in 3-4 days, 7 days at a max for roughly the same charge (considering the weight/size of the item)

My feeling is that they didn't have items in stock, eventhough they claimed to have

My main problem was their lack of customer service, absolutily TERRIBLE. 3 bloody days to anwer an e-mail, and the same to return a phone call? Also the fact that they don't advertise a direct line, but a switch where all you get is the "There is no one available, may I take your name/number and i'll get them to ring you back"

Pathetic
Old 06 March 2008, 11:08   #20

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Quote:
My feeling is that they didn't have items in stock, eventhough they claimed to have.
That is what I found when dealing with them too. Although I got a proper phone response when I contacted them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart
Not so long ago mail order was always "please allow 28 days for delivery". If you want it instantly go and support your local chandler. If you want it cheap...
Aye, but the world of shopping has changed.

I did get a thick catalogue of products with my order...interestingly, it was branded as Marathon Leisure.

Anyway, poor service, vote with yer feet.