Old 12 May 2009, 11:22   #31

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Marine Megastore usually get there in the end but their service is terrible - if you are stuck in a few days time post here again and I will contact them on your behalf - I love a good argument!!!

Old 12 May 2009, 12:32   #32

Length: 10m +
Infact just got an email with tracking number of DPD (tested on the site does not work but could be too early).
I will keep you updated on the delivery (if any) of course if it happens in this century. :-)

Old 12 May 2009, 15:57   #33

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Ocean & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzi DT200EFI, DT9.9
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Oh no, not DPD

Some equipment I ordered was sent with them a few weeks ago.
They will only redeliver to a different address within the same postcode, or charge you @10 for somewhere else.
To arrange to collect from their depot via the automated phone system you have to commit to collecting before they tell you where the depot is - Mad.

I eventually called the Buisness only line and kept going through the menus until I actually managed to speak to somebody, who took some persuading to give me the postcode of the depot so I could decide if I wanted to collect.

She just couldn't see why I needed to know where the depot was so I could decide if I was able to collect. It was in Southampton 20miles away, but I did it anyway as there was no way we could come to an agreement as to how they could deliver to somebody who didn't want to take a day off work to receive a parcel.

What an unfriendly, useless bunch of you know whats.

Nasher.
Nasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2009, 03:39   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Oh no, not DPD
They will only redeliver to a different address within the same postcode, or charge you @10 for somewhere else.
To arrange to collect from their depot via the automated phone system you have to commit to collecting before they tell you where the depot is - Mad.
I eventually called the Buisness only line and kept going through the menus until I actually managed to speak to somebody, who took some persuading to give me the postcode of the depot so I could decide if I wanted to collect.
She just couldn't see why I needed to know where the depot was so I could decide if I was able to collect. It was in Southampton 20miles away, but I did it anyway as there was no way we could come to an agreement as to how they could deliver to somebody who didn't want to take a day off work to receive a parcel.
Nasher.
Well I was cosidering the goods and money "lost" having now a tracking number is better. The tracking now works and says that the goods are in Southampton :-(
I hope that beeing an international transits then they should send by air to Bergamo (Italy) from there probably an other courier (Italian with South American driver drunk even in the morning :-) ) will take it to me. The "hope is the last to died" but when I will see the goods here I will be more relaxed and give to you the new.
If everythings goes in the right way the delivery was accetable (15 days) the "panic" not. I think they should just give a better client information via the web site that still is saying that the order has been received and will be processed. I must also to say that compared with the very expensive Italian shops (here the VAT is still 20%) I would save (if goods will arrive) about 38% buyin in UK (due to lower UK VAT, wrong exchange Sterling / Euro - it is to say that the Euro is supervaluated without any good reason - and better price done by Marinemegastore).
Old 13 May 2009, 04:33   #35
RIBnet supporter

Town: Cambs/Northants
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Oh no, not DPD

Nasher.
We DPD daily from Germany for spares and so far no problems

Now TNT or FEDEX well how long have you got
Old 13 May 2009, 12:05   #36

I sent a set of trim tabs to Slovenia with DPD. The tracking info was great - they sent it to the Baltic first then all over Europe - worked it out on autoroute my parcel travelled 3,500 miles - got there in the end though!!!
Old 13 May 2009, 12:19   #37

Town: Near Godalming
Boat name: AJA
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F150AETX
What is it that Marine Megastore sell that you can't buy at the Marine Super Store (for example)?

You'd think that the Marine Megastore would be doing all in it's power to avoid negative publicity on a site with 7,000 members...

If orders are missing the CEO is Richard Pattinson, and I have his mobile number!
Old 14 May 2009, 16:15   #38

Town: Fareham
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilda View Post
What is it that Marine Megastore sell that you can't buy at the Marine Super Store (for example)?

You'd think that the Marine Megastore would be doing all in it's power to avoid negative publicity on a site with 7,000 members...

If orders are missing the CEO is Richard Pattinson, and I have his mobile number!

Very interesting...... I am (was) about to place a 200 order with them.

Marine Megastore are price competitive. ( Icom M71 handheld & fixed focus binoculars)
Old 14 May 2009, 21:34   #39

http://www.allgadgets.co.uk/

Try Mike - a member on this site - very helpful - excellent service and good prices!!!
Old 15 May 2009, 13:47   #40

Thank-you very much for all the help given that is very much appreciated.
So far nothings has been received and the tracking of DPD says:

Track It Parcel Details :
Parcel No Senders Ref Consignment Post Code Collected Date Service Delivery Status
1550 4005 617 088 9 WEB-6023899 4005617088 12 May 2009 eu - dpd express Customer data received
Date Time Location Event Status
12 May 2009 09:00 Southampton Customer data received

Seems that since 12th May 2009 they have received datas, but nothing else.
Now I am getting in trouble with the fitting of this as it was expected to be done this week end but since nothing has been received and no idea when will be causes me some troubles.
I cannot to say anything against Marine Megastore else that the client assistance is not sufficient, but now every day of additional delay I am getting worried about a potential loss of 1,000.00 and of course the fitting job that cannot be scheduled not having the goods here.
I was expecting, when I have received the tracking numbers and the email saying that the items will be with me in this week, to have a day by day tracking and then the goods here, but the tracking stopped at 12th May 2009 and since then no progress at all.
I hope to have better news on monday next.
Again thanks to all the kind persons of this Forum for the help given to me.