Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Other stuff
Click Here to Login

Old 02 April 2009, 16:22   #21

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
I also did a lot of snorkelling first - and yes with nice clear water you see loads.

I don't have a single bit of paper to my name for diving. Probably done getting on for 1000 dives - but have done nothing for quite a few years.

My Father introduced me to Scuba when he caught me trying to make my own from 2 old fire extinguishers............

I used to dive with the BP workers - used to love watching them welding underwater etc.
Old 02 April 2009, 16:31   #22

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMe View Post
..........who might be able to tell me the minimum age limit to take up diving. My daughter is 12 and would like to take lessons in readiness for a trip to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora in August where we will be spending time sailing between the same.
10 is the minimum for a Junior OW (can dive, but only with another OW diver); I think at 15 you can get a regular OW card.

It's actually the same for any agency (pretty sure - SSI is the same way), but some shops set higher limits (my shop uses 13 or 14, dependent on instructors evaluation.)

IMO, it's the maturity level of the individual that is key, and Dad may not be the best person to evaluate that. OTOH, I've seen 12 year olds who were more mature than a lot of 18 and 19 YO's.

jky
Old 02 April 2009, 17:11   #23

Town: Hamble
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
I also did a lot of snorkelling first - and yes with nice clear water you see loads.

I don't have a single bit of paper to my name for diving. Probably done getting on for 1000 dives - but have done nothing for quite a few years.

My Father introduced me to Scuba when he caught me trying to make my own from 2 old fire extinguishers............

I used to dive with the BP workers - used to love watching them welding underwater etc.
I've told you millions of time, stop exaggerating. You wouldn't be much use as a buddy!
Old 02 April 2009, 18:54   #24

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
I've told you millions of time, stop exaggerating. You wouldn't be much use as a buddy!
I don't need to - have many happy memories which people like you can't take away from me!!!

When you dive about 5 times a week cos there is nothing else to do it soon racks up.