Old 08 November 2005, 18:05   #1

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Another Ebay Rip-off!!

I bought a new pair of ski boots for my son last week from a great company called Skiwear4less via Ebay. P&P £5.99 fine. Just looked at a pair for the Missus from another seller £15 P&P!! It pees me off when these people try to rip us off with the postage. I posted 5.5kg Standard Parcel for £8.17 this week, at that rate the ski boots must weigh 10kg!! She best gets some training in!!!
Old 09 November 2005, 08:38   #2

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollulnan
I bought a new pair of ski boots for my son last week from a great company called Skiwear4less via Ebay. P&P £5.99 fine. Just looked at a pair for the Missus from another seller £15 P&P!! It pees me off when these people try to rip us off with the postage. I posted 5.5kg Standard Parcel for £8.17 this week, at that rate the ski boots must weigh 10kg!! She best gets some training in!!!
As an ex ski instructor and ski guide, I would usually advise people to buy ski boots in person from a reputable shop with experienced fitters, even better in the ski resort itself.

The reasoning behind this is that ski boots are all very different and some makes will not be suitable for some people, this would be at best uncomfortable or at worst damaging to your feet. Sometimes ski boots fitted by an experienced fitter can still hurt actually out on the slopes, and if you buy them in the resort the shop can adjust them free of charge to make them fit properly.

All the above is just my opinion, although I do have 36 years of skiing experience to back it up! Good luck with your skiing trip
Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 November 2005, 17:56   #3

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
You are dead right Cookee. My 11yo skis competitively, we knew exactly what he needed in every detail as they are a size up from his old boots. The wife wanted to try a pair of Rossignol Soft Lights which are not as critical as hard boots. Mine? They come from Bruno's in Selva val Gardena as does most of our kit.