Go Back   RIBnet Forums > RIB talk > Other stuff
Click Here to Login

Old 09 August 2004, 18:17   #1

Town: Kent
Boat name: Cygnet
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 70hp 4* outbo
Accommodation required for about 12 divers.

Can anyone help?

We were due to go down to the Lizard in Cornwall for a weeks diving holiday, taking our own rib. We were supposedly booked into Kennak Sands caravan park from the 11th September, unfortunately they have just informed us there has been a mix up & they don’t have any caravans available now. We have used this place for the last 3 years, and after trying to get a price & a confirmed booking since September last year they now drop this on us.
So now with everyone having the time booked off work and nowhere to go I’m looking for help.
I know there a few divers who come on this forum; I’m hoping someone may be able to suggest somewhere that may be able to accommodate about 12 people and fairly close to a slipway with good local diving.
we would prefer Dorset, Devon or Cornwall but at this late stage in the game anything would be considered.
Old 09 August 2004, 18:44   #2

Town: Cippenham, Berkshire
Boat name: Falcon1
Make: Falcon
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115 hp Mariner Four
MMSI: 235021077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwabbit
Can anyone help?

We were due to go down to the Lizard in Cornwall for a weeks diving holiday, taking our own rib. We were supposedly booked into Kennak Sands caravan park from the 11th September, unfortunately they have just informed us there has been a mix up & they don’t have any caravans available now. We have used this place for the last 3 years, and after trying to get a price & a confirmed booking since September last year they now drop this on us.
So now with everyone having the time booked off work and nowhere to go I’m looking for help.
I know there a few divers who come on this forum; I’m hoping someone may be able to suggest somewhere that may be able to accommodate about 12 people and fairly close to a slipway with good local diving.
we would prefer Dorset, Devon or Cornwall but at this late stage in the game anything would be considered.
Have you thought about good old fashion camping with a tent? I know a great site in Corfe, which is near Swanage. If you are interested I'll post more details...

Kim
Old 09 August 2004, 19:01   #3

Thanks for the reply Kim,
I don’t mind camping but I’m not sure about all the others, I also like Swanage had many a good dive there. I was looking at the slipway on boatlaunch & they want £25 per day, I’ll be giving them a ring tomorrow to confirm the price. (seams a bit steep to me)
Old 09 August 2004, 22:04   #4

Town: Newport
Make: Avon Rover 3.4
Length: 3m +
Engine: Merc 15hp F/S
I did a few years summer diving on the Lizard, we used to camp on a site just outside a village called Coverack, the site had quite a few static caravans on site unfortunately I can't remember the name. Have a look at the website for Porthkerris divers. They have a superb set-up for divers who dive from RIB shuttles but I'm sure they would be able to offer advice on accommadation. Another good source of info is "Divernet" the web site of Diver magazine. Do a search on their site for the Mannacles or Porthkerris and you will find some articles on the area and maybe some accommadation info.
Old 09 August 2004, 22:11   #5

Town: Newport
Make: Avon Rover 3.4
Length: 3m +
Engine: Merc 15hp F/S
just had a look for you the site we used to stay on was called Little Trevothan their website is www.littletrevothan.com . If my memory serves me I believe the owners were divers themselves.
Old 10 August 2004, 07:44   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot
just had a look for you the site we used to stay on was called Little Trevothan their website is www.littletrevothan.com . If my memory serves me I believe the owners were divers themselves.
Thanks for the info, i have been in touch this morning all the caravans are booked so we are still looking.
Old 10 August 2004, 18:43   #7

Okey Dokey.... try these in Swanage...
http://www.ulwellcottagepark.co.uk/

Good Luck

Kim
Old 11 August 2004, 13:24   #8

Thanks for all your help we are sorted now, managed to get 6 caravans in Mullion Holiday Park.
Old 11 August 2004, 17:39   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwabbit
Thanks for all your help we are sorted now, managed to get 6 caravans in Mullion Holiday Park.
That's great, I hope you have a blast!

Kim