Closed Thread

Old 08 December 2005, 21:34   #21

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
we can pull up a sandbag one day and chat about ap50's fs1e and other stuff haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono
Yeah...but with the growing number of "students" posting here I feel about 142....
Old 08 December 2005, 21:49   #22
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Jones
Seems alot of us have bikes
Hmm. Anyone fancy a RIBnet bike rally? How about, say, Inverkip in May or June next year?

John
Old 08 December 2005, 22:06   #23

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
we can pull up a sandbag one day and chat about ap50's fs1e and other stuff haha
AP 50s.. Pah! My Fizzie'd see 'em off any day!...Purple it were...
Old 09 December 2005, 06:56   #24

Town: Over here
Boat name: S.S. Nobstick
Make: Three Wise Monkeys
Engine: 44lbs of thrust....
To all the rest of you "old duffers" who were lucky enough to ride Mopeds before our dear Government neutered them.. I was lucky.. I inherited my older sisters 'ped which was still unrestricted.. read this book and smile..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...roduct-details

Then think about what you're saying when you complain about groups of young "hooligans" whizzing about the shopping centre estates on twist'n go scoots....
Old 09 December 2005, 07:10   #25

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Funny photo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
Hmm. Anyone fancy a RIBnet bike rally? How about, say, Inverkip in May or June next year?

John
Sounds like a good alternative activity at the RIbnet meet. Hubby has an impressive scar from his biking days in Zimbabwe

missus
Old 09 December 2005, 07:16   #26

Town: Newport IoW
Boat name: Amean/Pronto/Rumbo
Make: Solent Rib Princess
Length: 7m +
Engine: 200hp Etec 260x 2
MMSI: lots of them
Yamaha FS1E Happy day's
Old 09 December 2005, 08:31   #27

Length: no boat
I wrote of the first bike I ever owned Bennelli 100cc bet not many peps had one of them what a piece of junk used to die everytime it rained so I was always late for work after stopping to dry the spark plug cap which allowed me to travel another half a mile up the road before the same thing happend again then I did the decent thing and smashed it to pieces going round a corner and getting it completely wrong
Old 09 December 2005, 14:07   #28

Town: mansfield
Send a message via MSN to osprey__viper
Nice one JK. When you've had a bit of practice you can get one of these. My trusty Honda Blackbird is now an Osprey Viper Actually it can be seen around the Pompey area Mon-Fri when the weather is good, cos a man from the navy bought it

Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	resize.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	16325  
Old 09 December 2005, 14:45   #29

Town: Kent
Boat name: Cygnet
Make: Humber
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 70hp 4* outbo
If some of you lot feel old starting to ride on Jap bikes, I don’t know what that makes me!
I started on a BSA bantam off road but my first road bike was a Matchless 250 CSR, now lets see if anyone knows what one of them is.
Old 09 December 2005, 14:58   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackwabbit
If some of you lot feel old starting to ride on Jap bikes, I don’t know what that makes me!
I started on a BSA bantam off road but my first road bike was a Matchless 250 CSR, now lets see if anyone knows what one of them is.
Whoa! I had pictures of the Matchless on my bedroom wall, and the AJS equivalent. Christ, I feel old now. Ended up buying a Royal Enfield Crusader Sports and then a Gold Star 500. Real bikes - nearly killed me though, I spent 6 months in Croydon General Hospital after an unfortunate meeting with a Mk 1 Consul.

Biking days - over, period, but the '60s's was a great time to bike, no speed limits, very few cars and plod couldn't catch you until they got the Daimler Darts.
Old 09 December 2005, 20:08   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey__viper
Nice one JK. When you've had a bit of practice you can get one of these. My trusty Honda Blackbird is now an Osprey Viper Actually it can be seen around the Pompey area Mon-Fri when the weather is good, cos a man from the navy bought it

Martin
do you miss the bike or is the boat a better bet!!

i shall have to keep an eye out for robert wadlow making his way round on a honda 125
Old 09 December 2005, 20:17   #32

Town: NIVELLES BELGIUM
Boat name: INDEPENDENT
Make: BWM RAPIER
Length: 9m +
Engine: Ob 2*250/2t yams hpd
MMSI: 235030702
Whoa! I had pictures of the Matchless on my bedroom wall, and the AJS equivalent. Christ, I feel old now. Ended up buying a Royal Enfield Crusader Sports and then a Gold Star 500. Real bikes - nearly killed me though, I spent 6 months in Croydon General Hospital after an unfortunate meeting with a Mk 1 Consul.

Remember the Aeriel square 4 - what a piece of engineering./
My only two wheelers were an NSU Quickly and a Vespa

jonathan
Old 09 December 2005, 20:21   #33

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Quote:

AP's and Fizzies were for wusses! The only reason that they were remembered with fondness was because they lasted into the restricted era. The kiddies were the Italian stuff . Fantic TI6 or Gran Turisimo, Garelli Rekord or Tiger Cross. These things would do a genuine 70mph and last about 6 months! The dog of dogs was the Honda SS50 four stroke
Old 09 December 2005, 21:49   #34

the first bike i road was a ss50

none of us working class could afford the posh italian stuff, my first bike was a mobylette in yellow for 75 quid, funny thing was it was just as fast as all my friends restricted bikes, just looked crap.

been looking for a picture on google but cant find one....very rare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollulnan
AP's and Fizzies were for wusses! The only reason that they were remembered with fondness was because they lasted into the restricted era. The kiddies were the Italian stuff . Fantic TI6 or Gran Turisimo, Garelli Rekord or Tiger Cross. These things would do a genuine 70mph and last about 6 months! The dog of dogs was the Honda SS50 four stroke
Old 09 December 2005, 21:55   #35

I mate and I had an NSU Quickly which we used to ride up and down a farm lane, now that was a bloody ridiculous looking thing! NSU is a fanny disease I gather now.
Well I'm "bgrd"!! Look what I've just found!!
Attached Images

Old 09 December 2005, 22:08   #36

so you had nsu at an early age then?

well my mate had a chicken chaser that we use to race round the farm on which was great, my mate had it for a few years and did 60,000 miles on it!!!!!! then he upgraded to a old yam 100 which he did over 100,000 miles on. funny thing is the bikes were old when he got em!!

the unfortunate thing was he was not a bright chap and was stuck in the mental age of around 15 for many years and probably still is, he just rode those old bikes round all the time and never really progressed on to anything proper so to speak. Might still have the yam for all i know.

Quote:
I mate and I had an NSU Quickly which we used to ride up and down a farm lane, now that was a bloody ridiculous looking thing! NSU is a fanny disease I gather now.
Old 09 December 2005, 22:30   #37

We had a guy like that in Falmouth, we used to call him "Mike the Bike". He used to hurtle around on a RD250LC with "L" plates on. Silly sod couldn't ever pass a test. He used to dish out all the advice to us youngsters on our 100's. When the 2 year test law came in he was buggered. He's still around, he's known as "Mike the Pushbike" now!!
Old 09 December 2005, 22:42   #38

Town: mansfield
Send a message via MSN to osprey__viper
Quote:
do you miss the bike or is the boat a better bet!!
I dont miss the blackbird so much, but I do miss the GSX-R600 I had before. That was madder than a bucket load of frogs!!!!!

That said when im out on me rib I dont miss two wheels at all and there aint no gatsos at sea
Old 09 December 2005, 22:48   #39

we know of someone like that, could be known as fish the rib but i think he will be known as fish the sib going forward as the rib aint turned up yet

i had a rd350 ypvls thing that was superb, better than new condition, good rich hoses, allspeeds, tuned to hell and superb bike to look at but hated riding it , only got it cos i fancied one and got at a good price, sold it cos i thought i would kill myself on it......had to bleed air into the brakes to soften em down, power was on/off, skinny tyres, etc etc...i also had a cbr 600 so was a bit chalk and cheese, worse thing is the friend i sold it to and he took his test etc killed himself on it on lyneham camp some 6 months later which leaves a bad feeling...poor sod

Quote:
We had a guy like that in Falmouth, we used to call him "Mike the Bike". He used to hurtle around on a RD250LC with "L" plates on. Silly sod couldn't ever pass a test. He used to dish out all the advice to us youngsters on our 100's. When the 2 year test law came in he was buggered. He's still around, he's known as "Mike the Pushbike" now!!
Old 10 December 2005, 00:08   #40

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Only a true saddo laughs at their OWN jokes!!!