Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 09 November 2005, 04:11   #101
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Nutbourne
Boat name: Renegade
Make: Porter
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140 Tohatsu
MMSI: 235022904
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo
(How old is your old Rangy??)
G plate 1990 3.9 Vogue.

Come to think of it, I would not sell it to anyone I was likley to meet again, even a student.
__________________

__________________
Mark H
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools" Douglas Adams
Mark Halliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 November 2005, 04:25   #102
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: nr Lymington
Boat name: JU-JU
Make: Halmatic PAC22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140.5 Mermaid
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,400
This is a lot of car for not much And with an LPG conversion you could afford to use it Des
__________________

__________________
Scary Des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2005, 08:47   #103
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
spensive

In a moment of weakness I drove Jasper's Surf up to Wolverhamton ( Why I hear you ask!) and started off with a full tank and tried to average 125kph came back with a 5.4 Searider at 100 ish KPH(2000 RPM) the truck truly didn't notice the tow which was cool.

The total fuel Bill was 63 pounds and the distance travelled was 638 clicks.

I think that's pretty expensive so I certainly wouldn't reccomend a 3.0litre Auto Surf to a Student

The Moral of this story is that it cost me 63 Quid to See David Manning and I could have seen Walter Trouht three times for that much money or had 24.5 Bottles of Magners
__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2005, 09:09   #104
DM
RIBnet supporter
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: Little Wing
Make: Searider 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Tohatsu 90
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
came back with a 5.4 Searider at 100 ish KPH(2000 RPM) the truck truly didn't notice the tow which was cool.
Errr.........the Seariders still here you knob

DM
__________________
DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2005, 17:17   #105
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmanning
Errr.........the Seariders still here you knob

DM
But where the hell has my Kia gone??

Wait a minute - that sort of fuel economy figures remind me of my car.... STU!!!
__________________
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2005, 17:59   #106
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Midlands
Boat name: Scarlet
Make: Avon
Length: 5m +
Engine: 75hp outboard
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4
Nissan Patrol 4.2 Deisel

I have a Nissan Patrol for sale around the 2300 mark. Its a big brute with plenty of room in the back, and will tow anything anywhere. The very reliable Nissan 4.2 block returns an amazing 30 mpg. Anyone interested?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PAN5 019.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	15679  
__________________
Captain Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2005, 19:54   #107
Member
 
Country: Other
Length: no boat
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Wave
In a moment of weakness I drove Jasper's Surf up to Wolverhamton ( Why I hear you ask!) and started off with a full tank and tried to average 125kph came back with a 5.4 Searider at 100 ish KPH(2000 RPM) the truck truly didn't notice the tow which was cool.

The total fuel Bill was 63 pounds and the distance travelled was 638 clicks.

I think that's pretty expensive so I certainly wouldn't reccomend a 3.0litre Auto Surf to a Student

The Moral of this story is that it cost me 63 Quid to See David Manning and I could have seen Walter Trouht three times for that much money or had 24.5 Bottles of Magners
I don't think 28 mpg too shabby when towing! Even @ 100k. Best I've had running light is around 28mpg.
__________________
hard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2005, 04:26   #108
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Farnborough
Boat name: Eleven
Make: Arrow
Length: 8m +
Engine: 557cu, 700hp
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,255
Did you know the word gullible has been taken out of the dictionary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Scarlet
...returns an amazing 30 mpg.
__________________
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2005, 06:29   #109
Member
 
Country: Other
Length: no boat
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMat
Did you know the word gullible has been taken out of the dictionary?
__________________
hard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2005, 11:43   #110
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Southampton
Boat name: DynaMoHumm/ SRV/deja
Make: Avon8.4, 5.4 & 4.777
Length: 8m +
Engine: Cat3126 Yam 90 &70
MMSI: 42
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 6,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard1
I don't think 28 mpg too shabby when towing! Even @ 100k. Best I've had running light is around 28mpg.
OK but look at it my way, I spent 63 quid to see David manning.....would that seem expensive to you!
__________________

__________________
Here it comes again, I don't stand a chance
Soul possession, Got me in a trance
Pullin' me back to you - Deja Voodoo
Rogue Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.