Old 08 April 2012, 18:03   #21

Town: York
Boat name: Sugar Free
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffysteve View Post
is their access to fresh water for flushing? it does seem a little steep , but it does look like its a good slip! and access to some of the best fishing in the uk, i hear they have started catching porbeagle shark off whitby over the past few years, upto 300lb ! gonna have to have some of that
There is a tap in a cabinet at the top of the slip. Beware it has a 1" connection. (last time I was there)
Old 08 April 2012, 19:25   #22

Town: leeds
Boat name: nichola
Engine: 60hp yamaha
i guess you need to take your own hosepipe with the correct fitting then? thats the other thing i must get is muffs! which ones tho? help are they all the same more or less? last boat was an inboard
Old 08 April 2012, 20:43   #23

Town: York
Boat name: Sugar Free
Make: Tornado
Engine: Yam 115
I carry my own hopepipe to wash the boat down (and other kit) after a trip and also to flush the engine. I know that at Bridlington the guys who run the launching, have muffs that you can borrow (they also have the tubs) but I am not aware that the Whitby guys do this. I thought that any muffs would do but that is a guess. I bought mine on ebay fairly cheap.

I spent a lot of time with the Whitby tap trying to get the correct fitting. I eventually ended up at some trade place that made me up a steel/brass connector that sort of fitted. Last year I found a shop that sold a plastic 1" fitting and low and behold it did not fit. I understand there is different sorts of 1" fitting (tappered /non tappered)

If you are doing a weekend you can leave your boat on the pontoon. I found this very useful.

Gary
Old 08 April 2012, 21:05   #24

Town: leeds
Boat name: nichola
Engine: 60hp yamaha
that sounds good, what is the charge to leave it on the pontoon,i have been out of brid on a mates boat, they seem to have a decent setup, i just dont likethe beach launch thing,in a bit of surf its too much like hard work,