Old 18 November 2011, 19:47   #21
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7 View Post
Dude .. I was hoping for some incisive critique .. guess i'll leave it on the shelf then
Hey Crankie, IoJ is not me favourite tipple either, but the Superstition is a vast improvement on the entry level Jura. The price is right so why not try one. As a wise old whisky drinker said, there are no bad malts, but some are better than others.

Slàinte mhath

Old 18 November 2011, 19:56   #22

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
Hey Crankie, IoJ is not me favourite tipple either, but the Superstition is a vast improvement on the entry level Jura. The price is right so why not try one. As a wise old whisky drinker said, there are no bad malts, but some are better than others.
Aye .. fair comment fella .. I can always use it to defrost the drive if its as I remember it ..

Quote:
Slàinte mhath
And you Sir
Old 18 November 2011, 19:57   #23

Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk

Slàinte mhath

Liked my Celtic mate I also prefer super. Sorry if I did not ramble on about it but ad W said not earth/rural as the old edition and not peaty which I like. It is a good price for trial so go on.
J

Sent from my iPhone using Rib.net
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 November 2011, 21:22   #24
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
second try at this post

Lurcher, you might consider driving that bit further to Oban or thereabouts, or even splitting your trip into two areas, The Clyde and the Inner Hebrides. If the WX collapses, being in the Clyde or around Oban will save your bacon. Making the Mull of Kintyre in pissy WX will be no fun.

There's a huge playpen around Oban that is full of fun and Distilleries. Islay needs a couple of days to do it justice and you should see Jura on the way there. Balamory (Tobermory) on Mull is worth a visit too. There's mountains for a lifetime in there too.

It's God's own country.
Old 22 November 2011, 08:23   #25

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
O God Paul you widened it out now, this is starting to build into something epic.
The biggest problem is carrying enough fuel! (on the subject of which, I am putting together a "petrol file" for moments like this. More suggestions welcome as most fuel co's seem to give up telling you what is north of the M8, ironic when that puts you in terriotory you are more likely to need to know where the next one is! Might be worth starting another post for this thought......

Quote:
Lurcher, you might consider driving that bit further to Oban or thereabouts, or even splitting your trip into two areas, The Clyde and the Inner Hebrides. If the WX collapses, being in the Clyde or around Oban will save your bacon. Making the Mull of Kintyre in pissy WX will be no fun.
Agreed. There is of course the Crinan Canal if the poo really meets the ventilation system and your trailer is the wrong side of the Mull. I worked out for my rib it would be 50/50 cost & time to pay for a passage or burn the fuel & motor round the end.
Old 22 November 2011, 19:46   #26
RIBnet supporter

Town: Lymington Hampshire
Boat name: Hot Lemon
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
MMSI: 235
Guys , thanks for all the effort in this , we are having a planning session soon and will start to work out our route , fuel for me is not a problem as we run on red but I suspect we will become a mobile bomb for the petrol drinkers !
Will keep all updated with progress
Old 22 November 2011, 20:09   #27

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by LURCHER View Post
I suspect we will become a mobile bomb for the petrol drinkers !
Its the whisky drinkers and all the hooch they'll bring back you have to worry about