Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 08 April 2011, 09:29   #1
Member
 
Avocet's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Poole
Boat name: Grimalkin
Make: Ribcraft 750 Sport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzi 250
MMSI: 235050647
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 899
Ventnor for lunch Sunday 10 April

We're planning on going clockwise around the island from Poole to Ventnor on Sunday with a view to having lunch in the sunshine on the terrace at The Spyglass Inn from around 1.00 pm and then heading back home via The Needles. Anyone want to join us for the cruise (whole or part) or for lunch? Would be good to get a group together.

David
__________________

__________________
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2011, 11:45   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,418
ooh, can probably count me in, was planning on going out tomorrow, but as Sun is now looking better...
__________________

__________________
Neil Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2011, 13:10   #3
Member
 
Avocet's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Poole
Boat name: Grimalkin
Make: Ribcraft 750 Sport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzi 250
MMSI: 235050647
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 899
Excellent. We're planning on leaving the marina shortly after 11.00 am so, after allowing for the speed limit which now back in for Poole Harbour, we should be off Cowes shortly after midday and will call on Ch16. We don't want to be too early since HT Ventnor isn't until 4.00 pm. Look forward to seeing you again and you can meet the harem!
__________________
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2011, 16:39   #4
RIBnet supporter
 
Trevor G's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Crowthorne
Boat name: Black Adder+BabyBlue
Make: Shearwater + Avon
Length: 8m +
Engine: TDi Diesel + Merc 60
MMSI: 235026679
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Harvey View Post
ooh, can probably count me in, was planning on going out tomorrow, but as Sun is now looking better...
If you want a longer run, a number of us are going to Weymouth - Leaving Southampton Dry Stack about 10.30 for Yarmouth, then on to Weymouth after lunch. Sleep on board (now you have a nice cabin) and then back on Sunday - may be back even in time for lunch at Ventnor!
Call me on the mobile (07840 975807) if you want more info or to come along.
Trev
__________________
Trevor G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2011, 17:05   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor G View Post
If you want a longer run, a number of us are going to Weymouth - Leaving Southampton Dry Stack about 10.30 for Yarmouth, then on to Weymouth after lunch. Sleep on board (now you have a nice cabin) and then back on Sunday - may be back even in time for lunch at Ventnor!
Call me on the mobile (07840 975807) if you want more info or to come along.
Trev
thanks Trev, but the crew are only wanting one day out...

typical - it's not like i usually have crew as well. enjoy and maybe see you sunday
__________________
Neil Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2011, 14:16   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocet View Post
Excellent. We're planning on leaving the marina shortly after 11.00 am so, after allowing for the speed limit which now back in for Poole Harbour, we should be off Cowes shortly after midday and will call on Ch16. We don't want to be too early since HT Ventnor isn't until 4.00 pm. Look forward to seeing you again and you can meet the harem!
great. The probably is now a definite plan. see you off Cowes just gone midday ish
__________________
Neil Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2011, 20:48   #7
Member
 
Avocet's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Poole
Boat name: Grimalkin
Make: Ribcraft 750 Sport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzi 250
MMSI: 235050647
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 899
Looking forward to it. Harem unfortunately has had to cancel but me, Mrs A*, work colleague and her husband will be off Cowes probably around 12.15 given need for petrol in Yarmouth and busy marina launching queues (if today was anything to go by)!

Grimalkin now has a clean bottom (thanks Scurvy Crew for his help) and I'm now off to ensure I have the same.

* Trevor G, please note if you have your purchase and can access this from Weymouth!
__________________
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2011, 02:55   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocet View Post
Looking forward to it. Harem unfortunately has had to cancel but me, Mrs A*, work colleague and her husband will be off Cowes probably around 12.15 given need for petrol in Yarmouth and busy marina launching queues (if today was anything to go by)!

Grimalkin now has a clean bottom (thanks Scurvy Crew for his help) and I'm now off to ensure I have the same.

* Trevor G, please note if you have your purchase and can access this from Weymouth!
Leaving London now, so see you around 12:15
__________________
Neil Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2011, 16:07   #9
RIBnet supporter
 
Trevor G's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Crowthorne
Boat name: Black Adder+BabyBlue
Make: Shearwater + Avon
Length: 8m +
Engine: TDi Diesel + Merc 60
MMSI: 235026679
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 837
Thanks Avocet and Neil for the rides - it's ages since I've had the opportunity to have a go on other people's boats, and the timimg worked out perfectly!.
Thanks again
Trev
__________________
Trevor G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2011, 16:10   #10
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,418
well what a fab day out on the water...

and no worries Trev
__________________

__________________
Neil Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.