Old 21 August 2008, 12:08   #11
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Bruce, there is likewise no real security on the tall ship pontoon. I could in theory pay entry to the ship and relatively easily pass through the ship, onto the pontoon and help myself especially if speedy's guys were all involved in class room work at the time. In theory the tall ship staff might ask questions? but then the same is true of most harbours/marinas.
Old 21 August 2008, 12:56   #12

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Length: 5m +
Engine: none
MMSI: none
Thats true and I was aware of that but at least it is not open to anyone walking past and we would be on the ship.
It is unlikely that anyone would pay and get through the ship just to try and get on a RIB.
I would like to clarify who can give us use though as my conversation yesterday was pretty cut and dried with the ship manager.
The SECC one is really in non mans land as far as getting a bite is concerned. The only other alternative would be investigate the Braehead pontoon but I'll need to track down the owner.
My preference is to use the tall ship, we get a city centre tie up, tour round the boat and somewhere for a coffee and bun, and its relatively secure being off the side of the ship as I understand it away from the quayside.
I suppose I am spoiled now being able to tootle up to places and just tie up the boat and go for a wander without worrying about whether it will be there when I return

Old 21 August 2008, 15:28   #13

Town: ayr
Boat name: just looking
Make: ribcraft
Engine: 140hp outboard
Margot

You invite the guys but what about the girls can we come? By the way not blonde young things but game for a laugh and quite able to handle the rib!!
Old 21 August 2008, 16:25   #14

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Engine: Etec 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARGOT HENDRIE View Post
You invite the guys but what about the girls can we come? By the way not blonde young things but game for a laugh and quite able to handle the rib!!
Absolutely Margot .. the more people the merrier .. there was no sexism intended I'm sure!! ... Would be great for a big load of us to meet up have a laugh, and a good sail .. I'm looking forward to it Come on you Clyde Ribbers.. get a move on and join us
Old 21 August 2008, 16:34   #15

My wifes coming and will be driving at least part of the way. She is a good driver at long as you point out the various things she can hit like big rocks, Scotland, Ireland, harbours, other boats etc etc
Seriously though come along, even if you are not blonde............
Old 21 August 2008, 18:04   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
My wifes coming and will be driving at least part of the way. She is a good driver at long as you point out the various things she can hit like big rocks, Scotland, Ireland, harbours, other boats etc etc
You know .. you are a naughty boy Bruce Having never met you,.. you wont be hard to miss by the frying pan and spatula marks on your head
Old 21 August 2008, 18:08   #17

Honestly, she has heard it all. With me she really does need to have a good sense of humour
Believe it or not she says just as much about me to my face, if you can't laugh about then whats the point?
I have to keep my gob shut all week with 200 nurses and doctors talking bollox most of the time, I need to have a laugh now and again.....................
Old 21 August 2008, 18:50   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
Honestly, she has heard it all. With me she really does need to have a good sense of humour
Believe it or not she says just as much about me to my face, if you can't laugh about then whats the point?
I have to keep my gob shut all week with 200 nurses and doctors talking bollox most of the time, I need to have a laugh now and again.....................

Ok .. I'll give her some moral support then .. but you still pay the premiums if she hits anything
Old 22 August 2008, 16:32   #19

OK... I now have a 5 star bed for the night in Inverkip on the 6th, kindly donated by a friendly yachtie whom I know well and some crew, eager to see the Clyde from a different perspective on the Sunday the 7th Sept Goggles at the ready if it rains, and we dont care if it does
Old 23 August 2008, 03:20   #20

Town: Shotts
Boat name: Shakespeare's Play
Make: shakespeare
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250hp Verado
MMSI: 235066167
would love to come to this but no towing car as the discovery is U/S ....... anyone able to lend a towing car then i'll be there.

cheers

Ian