Just a quick update re our Pembrokeshire trip
Have just come back from a week down in Dale beautiful weather and the sea virtually flat sadly no RIB with us so we could only look on in envy at those out in theirs
To recap on the current suggestions/set up:
- Camping at Dale Hill Farm is fine there is plenty of space for RIB and/or trailer parking if required and even if the site is really busy Sharon has a field we can use for storage
- Camping is now £8 per night
- There are two showers that take £1.00 for 10 minutes of hot water and two toilets, plus kitchen sink and freezer.
- The site is exposed (on top of a hill) so if you arrive before we do make sure you pitch your tent well into the hedge line the left hand side hedgerow seems to be favourable for regular campers and quickest to the shower block
- There are lots of sheep around so please dont expect it to be free of sheep poo and fleece!!
- Chris will be house sitting with Grandad so Darren and I hope to arrive afternoon of the 30th
Dale Hill Farm can be found approx. 1mile before the village of Dale on the B4327
Please note the road up to Dale Hill Farm has a tight hairpin bend keep to the right of this on the way up and you will be fine
Google Street View of Farm entrance lane off on right:
Dale Hill hairpin bend:
Dale Hill Farm Yard entrance drive through yard and into field beyond
Dale slip will be open but there is restriction on parking and trailers suggestions are to launch very early to avoid busy congestion expected over the weekend
Alternative slipway is Gelliswick about 20 minutes away by car lots of parking
Fuel needs to be bought on route if coming through Haverfordwest on the way out to Dale is a 24hr Tescos ( B4327)
Pembrokeshire National Park
Please see the following link for South Pembrokeshire Marine Code of Practise
Open to suggestions really we will hopefully have two full days on the water weather permitting and there are some wonderful beeches for BBQs etc.
We purchased the Imray charts last week but would really appreciated someone else helping to do the passage plans as this is not something I am very confident with
Really looking forward to it