Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 19 July 2012, 10:15   #1
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,272
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Teighnmouth to..Sunday

Putting out from Teighnmouth to Salcome or maybe Plymouth on Sunday morning to get a few hours on 'Raptor' if anyone fancey's a jaunt.
Weather looks Goooood!
__________________

__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2012, 11:27   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,194
Sounds good!
__________________

__________________
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2012, 01:41   #3
RIBnet supporter
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,385
is polly steps still the place to launch down there?
i was going to go in at exmouth may travel bit fuurther for a decent slip with ample parking.
__________________

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2012, 03:43   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 119
Ive used Polly Steps many times. Great place to launch. Just be sure to check the tides as at low springs it dries out. Not much parking this time of year and will be very busy this Sunday. Get there early is my advice. Other option which is not affected by tides is the small "beach" slip about 100 yards to the left outside the docks. Much better to launch from as currents tend not to affect it as much as the "steps" and is much deeper water if caught out by tide times. Can get busy with "local" users though and has no parking. Don't be put off by private land signs either. It belongs to council. HTH
__________________
CornishAvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2012, 04:38   #5
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,272
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornishAvon View Post
Ive used Polly Steps many times. Great place to launch. Just be sure to check the tides as at low springs it dries out. Not much parking this time of year and will be very busy this Sunday. Get there early is my advice. Other option which is not affected by tides is the small "beach" slip about 100 yards to the left outside the docks. Much better to launch from as currents tend not to affect it as much as the "steps" and is much deeper water if caught out by tide times. Can get busy with "local" users though and has no parking. Don't be put off by private land signs either. It belongs to council. HTH
Yep,thanks for the input but Know Polly pretty well,and launched there alot... Looking forward to a nice Cruise (with decent weather for a change) and a Mackerel Bar-Be at 'Hopes Nose'
__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2012, 04:50   #6
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,272
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent View Post
is polly steps still the place to launch down there?
i was going to go in at exmouth may travel bit fuurther for a decent slip with ample parking.
When you thinking of Ed? Be good to meet up! Polly steps is fine but you do need an earlyish off this time of year.Not so important when we've been out in Jan -Feb time..eh Chris
Exmouth is 'ok' except on lowish water, where there's quite a nasty ledge on the bottom of the concrete slip and has caught out alot of people,and can do serious damage. It's also quite steep, and slippery near the bottom... but nothing a 4x4 cant deal with.
Parking is expensive,and Riggerousley enforced. With high volume use, inc alot of Jetskiers and you can find yourself in a long queue.
Can get Live Sandeels in the Harbour though.....Although you can at Teighnmouth too!
__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2012, 07:04   #7
RIBnet supporter
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,385
Seriously thinking Sunday need to confer with my assistants I am an early bird any way more so if there is bass about
__________________

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2012, 07:08   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus

Yep,thanks for the input but Know Polly pretty well,and launched there alot... Looking forward to a nice Cruise (with decent weather for a change) and a Mackerel Bar-Be at 'Hopes Nose'
No issues mate. Meant more for Nugent who asked if it was still the place to launch. Enjoy your Sunday.
__________________
CornishAvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2012, 07:21   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Devon
Make: Ribtec 585
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 87
Bass are slowly coming back in Teign after all the eels getting washed offshore with rainwater. Plenty Mackerel round at Babbacombe . Went up the Exe to the pontoon by the ski lane and had excellent mussels, if you're planning a midweek trip up there be sure to book as they arent always open unless they get bookings
__________________
viking61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2012, 08:26   #10
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,272
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornishAvon View Post
No issues mate. Meant more for Nugent who asked if it was still the place to launch. Enjoy your Sunday.
Welcome to join us if your about
__________________

__________________
A clever Man learns by his mistakes..
A Wise Man learns by other people's!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.