Old 18 May 2004, 20:50   #21

Town: Greenock area
Boat name: Joni Chimpo
Make: Narwhall
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50hp Mariner
Send a message via MSN to GaryD
Alright Andy, yeah that was me.... was trying to make the most of the day...

Were you on the Clyde Diving Boat?
Old 19 May 2004, 08:17   #22

Town: Inverkip
Make: Redbay 11m Cabin
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x Yamaha422Sti 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryD
Alright Andy, yeah that was me.... was trying to make the most of the day...

Well you certinaly did

Were you on the Clyde Diving Boat?
Yeah thats the wifes boat ,she was wanting the kitting up benches removed and taken to Glasgow for galvanising so we had to do it in Sunday after she had finished her charters....and you scooting in and out enjoying yourself made it even more of a chore
Were off to Rathlin from Kip on Saturday to do a bit of diving, returning on Sunday so I doubt if I'll be about, but we'll catch up soon.

By the way that is some difference you have made to your boat compared to what it was like when it was lieing up on the carpark...looks like a lot of elbow grease was used.

Andy
Old 19 May 2004, 08:25   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Bear
Looks like I will be around in the Clyde more often. The old dear has just bought a caravan in Dunoon which makes it worthwhile coming down at weekends, it was just a bit too far for regular day trips.
If you see an all yellow RIB with loads of bods in drysuits then thats probably me
No probs Rupert If you need any marks or sites give me a shout, we usually dive during the week at night....although it dosent make much difference on the Clyde or head down to Cumbrae on a Saturday night and have a wee drink in Millport before heading back to Kip.
If you see the charter boat (www.clyde-diving.co.uk) come over for a brew.
Andy
Old 19 May 2004, 11:56   #24

Town: Oban
Boat name: RIB Tickle
Make: Humber Assault
Length: 5.3m
Engine: Yamaha 60ETO,Tohatsu 3.5
Hi Andy,
will pop in and say hello when I'm down. haven't been on the Clutha or seen you or Elaine for a while. will let you know when I'm heading down.
Bruce
Old 19 May 2004, 17:02   #25

Town: Greenock area
Boat name: Joni Chimpo
Make: Narwhall
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50hp Mariner
Send a message via MSN to GaryD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Gee
Yeah thats the wifes boat ,she was wanting the kitting up benches removed and taken to Glasgow for galvanising so we had to do it in Sunday after she had finished her charters....and you scooting in and out enjoying yourself made it even more of a chore
Were off to Rathlin from Kip on Saturday to do a bit of diving, returning on Sunday so I doubt if I'll be about, but we'll catch up soon.

By the way that is some difference you have made to your boat compared to what it was like when it was lieing up on the carpark...looks like a lot of elbow grease was used.

Andy
Was out most of Saturday and would have been out all day sunday if i didnt have to work most of the day....

Hoping to be out most of this weekend aswell if the weather is good.... any suggestions on where would be a good place to take the boat a run one day over the weekend? Getting a bit bored just bombing up and down the coast

Thanks for the compliment about the boat, just been trying to clean it up and have given the hull a wee polish...
Old 19 May 2004, 17:40   #26

Town: Oban
Boat name: RIB Tickle
Make: Humber Assault
Length: 5.3m
Engine: Yamaha 60ETO,Tohatsu 3.5
How about Ailsa Craig (smelly but interesting) Rathlin if you are feeling very adventurous or Arran?
Old 20 May 2004, 09:22   #27

Clyde Cruising

Depends on you eundurance, I went from kip down round Arran back up the Kilbrannan Sound, up Loch Fyne to Tarbert for Lunch and back to Millport for a pint then back to Kip, about 85 odd miles and actual running time was about 3 hours...oh forgot also went into Carradale for a wee look
You could also head up to Tarbert through the Kyles of Bute and down passed Tignaburich which a nice wee joint, then either come back that way or head on down by Inchmarnock, Garroch Head and either up Bute side or over through the Tan at Millport. I takes me about 1:15 hrs from Kip to Tarbert at 28Knts.
Hey the worlds your oyster
Andy